Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff and Brau Smile Hessisch-that's a decision I have to make soon.. Can I face the 8 hour drive! I will be there definitely, are you coming over for it?
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
Very impressed with your ability to strip 2 re-sprays and save the original paint. I knew that Moogie32 had done a fantastic job stripping her Ghia back to original paint, and now yours is the only other one I've seen. That interior is so incredible! I wouldn't sell it either if it was mine. Nice work.

Thanks Marcdeb, paint stripping- I'm glad it's done, never again! The paint definitely shows its age in real life, but I'm happy with it.
The interior- yes amazing it survived so well in the CA heat, I love it!
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

aerosilver wrote:
Thanks Jeff and Brau Smile Hessisch-that's a decision I have to make soon.. Can I face the 8 hour drive! I will be there definitely, are you coming over for it?

You have no excuse. You get to drive your Ghia for eight hours, I have to sit in coach for 11 hours! So yeah Im planning to be there.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

read this through for the 1st time today. Tremendous!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Stanford Hall 2022 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

obus wrote:
read this through for the 1st time today. Tremendous!

Thanks Obus Smile

With the decision made to drive to Hessisch I had the Ghia serviced and checked over by Michael at Bruce Engineering.

Luckily nothing major found after a thorough service, he did replace the original steering coupling as it was a little tired!

When I first got the Ghia it had an old camber compensator fitted..

I took it off as the straps had rotted through, it's an original Empi part, inkstamped EMPI- patent applied for. I've had some new straps made and refitted it, so I should be able to take corners at speed now Laughing

This little piece of history always makes me smile Smile Going back to the 60's a few of the people that changed the oil made their mark on the sump plate, a tradition that has been carried on!

So, all being well, we'll be in Hessisch Oldendorf in a weeks time for the best vintage VW show worldwide! If you see us there come say hello Smile

aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

Well, we made it to Hessisch Oldendorf for the best vintage VW show worldwide! Just over 700 miles round trip in the Ghia, no issues, cruised along at 60mph most of the way.

A few pictures of the weekend..

Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

How great that you're car was included in this amazing show. Even more special that you got to drive it to this event. Congratulations on making it. Applause

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

Fantasic Pics. It was nice to meet you.....to Short....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

udo dreisoerner wrote:
Fantasic Pics. It was nice to meet you.....to Short....

Good to see you Udo, sorry it was so short..Next time we'll have a beer! Thanks for my Karmann service cards Very Happy
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
How great that you're car was included in this amazing show. Even more special that you got to drive it to this event. Congratulations on making it. Applause

Thanks Marcdeb, it really is a special event, well worth the drive Very Happy
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

I went down Ghia street several times and missed this! And one of the Golde sunroof cars! Guess I gotta go back in four years.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

It's easily done with so many cars to see! I went back to the car through out the day and spoke to many people, a shame we didn't meet up this time Brau. Roll on 2026!
calexican
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

That’s the spirit! Drive and enjoy. Such a great destination. I thought I would try to look you up when we were touring over there… I got distracted by a vintage Italian drum kit for sale in Amsterdam… I bought it and used it for the rest of the tour, and the recent tour in the states. Meazzi… made in Milan!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

As you may know the Ghia was sold new through Competition motors in Hollywood CA. I came across this Competition motors ad from '55 in an old S.C.C.A publication, pretty cool, maybe Elizabeth Vrezsk saw this ad before she bought her coupe..

This is what the dealership looked like back then, would be cool to photoshop my Ghia into the picture!

A bit more up to date.. I gave the whitewalls a clean on a trip out today Very Happy

Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

aerosilver wrote:
As you may know the Ghia was sold new through Competition motors in Hollywood CA. This is what the dealership looked like back then, would be cool to photoshop my Ghia into the picture!

I think John Moxon could do this for you per his Photoshop skills; here's one of his creations- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2211040.jpg
He could use this photo of your Ghia, "erase" the license plate, shrink it, rotate/skew to match the perspective of the street, "park" it in front of the showroom, convert to B&W, and add minor graininess-

My PS skills are much less than John's; I've not learned how to cut/paste images and I have a more basic, 12 yr old version of PS Elements since for me it's just for hobby use.
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

Well if John or anyone else that is good with photoshop wants to have a go feel free Very Happy
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

aerosilver wrote:
Well if John or anyone else that is good with photoshop wants to have a go feel free Very Happy

I've been away for the weekend and only saw this post this morning.

The photoshop process itself isn't particularly difficult but for the Ghia to look convincing it needs to match the perspective of the Beetle more closely.

I've been through Russ's gallery pictures and I can't find one that matches the perspective of the Beetle. Unless Russ can take a picture of his Ghia that matches the perspective it's beyond my capabilities. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

😃
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: How about the Early Ghia built in 55 for sale - pretty early Reply with quote

Thanks RockStock, the picture at Lavenham was pretty well perfect...

I think this one has the Ghia a better size...

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: