Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What out of the ordinary cars did you see today
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"ROBUST"? I bet not.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
"ROBUST"? I bet not.

First thing I thought of as well, unless it means something different in Spanish, like No va does.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

I want to slam that license plate frame on one of my ACVWs. Probably the 74 bug.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
"ROBUST"? I bet not.

I'm not sure about the origin of the name but this I do know. That unit would do everything that 95% of the pickup trucks in the USA and Canada presently do at 1/3 the original purchase price and 1/4 of the fuel consumed thereafter. But we as a society are too stupid to understand that. Instead we whine about rising fuel prices and bang our collective heads against emissions mandates and the need for E cars trying to preserve our gluttonous wasteful way of living.

Try and imagine the fuel and emissions reductions possible if every modern pickup truck not being used to it's capacity on a even semi daily basis were to be replaced by the Toyota, Nissan, VW pickups we used to have in the early to mid 70s!

You can mock this little truck all you want but most of the rest of the world are buying them and other brands like them for very practical reasons.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:
"ROBUST"? I bet not.

I'm not sure about the origin of the name but this I do know. That unit would do everything that 95% of the pickup trucks in the USA and Canada presently do at 1/3 the original purchase price and 1/4 of the fuel consumed thereafter. But we as a society are too stupid to understand that. Instead we whine about rising fuel prices and bang our collective heads against emissions mandates and the need for E cars trying to preserve our gluttonous wasteful way of living.

Try and imagine the fuel and emissions reductions possible if every modern pickup truck not being used to it's capacity on a even semi daily basis were to be replaced by the Toyota, Nissan, VW pickups we used to have in the early to mid 70s!

You can mock this little truck all you want but most of the rest of the world are buying them and other brands like them for very practical reasons.

Been driving one of these daily for almost 17 years. Hauled a dump load of junk and a load of firewood with it yesterday. Mine has a lumber rack, but it gets swapped with a canopy depending on need. I guess it's an out of the ordinary car in that it is the xtra cab and the long bed. Not many were produced this way.

chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:
"ROBUST"? I bet not.

I guess I was referring more to the brand and not style of truck. Nothing VW builds is "robust". Until recently, I've daily driven a regular cab Toyota Tacoma. I had a 97 and then a 08 after that, both lowered. I pulled a utility trailer and did just about anything a full size truck could do besides tow a car trailer. I still pull that trailer with my G35 to get things done. I'm not a proponent of daily driving big gas hogs.
GArBa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

I have a VW-built SEAT Mii as my daily driver. 170km per day, 250000 kilometers. That would qualify as "robust" in my book, unless there's some nuance I'm missing here.
'22 type C1 T-Cross
'23 type AC3 Hyundai I10 (VW no longer makes small cars!)
-------------------------
moped:
'82 Benelli Magnum 3v
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

GArBa wrote:
I have a VW-built SEAT Mii as my daily driver. 170km per day, 250000 kilometers. That would qualify as "robust" in my book, unless there's some nuance I'm missing here.

Don't know. VW is consistently on every single list of used cars to avoid.
I wouldn't drive one, so I don't know.
ubercrap
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
GArBa wrote:

Depends on what it is. I have a 2014 Jetta Sportwagen, 2.5L 5cyl. and 5 speed manual, bog standard, no options, it's even just white. Not a very sophisticated car, but seems plenty well made. I had a somewhat neglected 2000 Passat 2.8 v6 5sp. wagon for a bit, probably quite the car when it was new (I rode in an Audi A4 on the same platform back I that era, quite impressive!) I feel sorry for the guy I sold it to, even though I virtually had to give it away to him. Can't fathom the problems with a W8 4motion version, LOL. Never buy one of their technical overreach era cars or their more recent market concession crap like crossover SUVs, or some such garbage, and I reckon you'll be OK.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
GArBa wrote:

We publish those lists to keep usedVW prices low
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:
GArBa wrote:

We publish those lists to keep usedVW prices low

Laughing
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Saw this old Caprice Wagon this morning while out driving.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Spotted this old Ford in West Danville Vermont.
From what I can tell, I think it's around 1915. Not often that we see a car that's over 100 years old driving down the road. And from out of state too.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

BSQUARE wrote:
Saw this old Caprice Wagon this morning while out driving.

We've all seen this one:
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

I've been seeing a Rivian pick up truck around the neighborhood. Got a picture of its tailgate yesterday.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

These 2 were at Cars and Coffee...

These were at a Toyota show...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

Unique only for the paint

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

As much as I struggle with understanding that style, I do agree the paint (or whatever it's called) is really cool, definitely out of the ordinary.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
As much as I struggle with understanding that style, I do agree the paint (or whatever it's called) is really cool, definitely out of the ordinary.

Cool

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What out of the ordinary cars did you see today Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:
These 2 were at Cars and Coffee...

These were at a Toyota show...

]

Next Year a Crown..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Jump to:
Page 48 of 63

Jump to: