Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2276 jetting start point
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
k@rlos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject: 2276 jetting start point Reply with quote

Hi all, just wondered if you could put me in the right for starting to jet IDA’s for my 2276

Specs are:

2276 (obviously lol)
FK10 & 1.4’s
9.5:1
044 ultramag heads, 42x37.5
1 5/8” sidewinder
Scat trac inlet manifolds
48 IDA’s with berg 35/39 grooved vents
Mallory ignition system

Many thanks
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: 2276 jetting start point Reply with quote

What emulsions are you going to run?
k@rlos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: 2276 jetting start point Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
What emulsions are you going to run?

F7’s
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2276 jetting start point Reply with quote

I understand that I’m not by any means a pro. I see a lot of posts asking about jetting. How come people don’t install the carbs as they come and make changes from there?

I have a 2275 and a 2109, both with IDF40s that I’m running right out of the box with great success. Both engines run excellent, get great MPGs and I didn’t change a singe jet in either one of them.

Just curious.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
k@rlos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2276 jetting start point Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
I understand that I’m not by any means a pro. I see a lot of posts asking about jetting. How come people don’t install the carbs as they come and make changes from there?

I have a 2275 and a 2109, both with IDF40s that I’m running right out of the box with great success. Both engines run excellent, get great MPGs and I didn’t change a singe jet in either one of them.

Just curious.

Your engines are probably both so tame the small jets are suitable. With my previous 2110 I had to do lots of jetting work to get the AFR spot throughout the rev range With both the 44’s it had originally and the 48’s I’m now putting on the 2276.

All I’ll say is you’re lucky as jetting can be expensive and time consuming lol
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: 2276 jetting start point Reply with quote

I was running this on my 2276 in my split - C45 cam, super pro heads, 9.2:1 CR, Magnaspark ignition, run on super unleaded

40 vents
55 idles
120 idle airs
165 mains
190 airs
F7 emulsions

I struggled to get rid of the stumble on transition on F7 tubes but the above combination got it 99%

I now run this below with F2 emulsions and it's a much nicer drive overall

40 Vents
55 idles
120 idle airs
170 mains
210 airs
1LoWezl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: 2276 jetting start point Reply with quote

2275cc dual 48 weber, cb wedge port heads 44x37.5, cam vwp 425, cb matched manifolds

F11
60 idle/110 idle air
160 main/200 air correction
35/39 berg grooved vents

runs great on street, 23 mpg freeway 65-70 3k rpm

This came from a lot of samba help, testing and an afr gauge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: