Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

California ez camper vab 433
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Hutchinson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

Hi Ive imported a pearl white 67 ez camper from California. Ive been around Europe in it this year and now Im trying to trace the history of it. California licence plate vab 433 anyone out there seen it in the last 40 years?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blackdog1999 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to post pics of it.
Busryder
Samba SuperHero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the port it left... Maybe the Town of the person you purchased it from... Do you know the name that was associated with the bus? These things would be helpful.

I am a Dick, hear me roar- Laughing

Me, an OVP Lifer...
Tony Hutchinson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the bus from Randy Carlson. He has been helpful but doesent have the address of the person he bought from. The last name in the vehicle documents was Michael P Real, Ive written to him but had no response.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Hutchinson wrote:
I bought the bus from Randy Carlson. He has been helpful but doesent have the address of the person he bought from. The last name in the vehicle documents was Michael P Real, Ive written to him but had no response.

i just did a www.zabasearch.com on the name you have posted and got at least 3 hits w/ addresses and phone #'s. I am not going to post the info due to privacy. If you try it you may get a different address than the one you have?
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tony Hutchinson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Obus -didnt know the site existed
Tony Hutchinson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Its been a while but I'm still hoping to find an old photo or even someone who might have owned my EZ Camper. I wonder if the photo will help.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

Detail images of unique areas will help.

Tony Hutchinson wrote:

Its been a while but I'm still hoping to find an old photo or even someone who might have owned my EZ Camper. I wonder if the photo will help.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tony Hutchinson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

Ok many thanks, not a lot of unique features other than a beetle exhaust and the remains of an aerial mount on the driver side front panel. Also its had truck mirrors at some time. Tony
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

looks like it might have had something mounted on the passenger rear panel above the beltline? CB Whip antenna or??
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:
looks like it might have had something mounted on the passenger rear panel above the beltline? CB Whip antenna or??

Almost looks like the right spacing for a spare tire mount.
Tony Hutchinson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

I thought it was a mount for a ladder
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

Ok, my guess is Jerry Can holder.

What do we win if?
Tony Hutchinson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

First prize is a private audience with the royal family.
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: California ez camper vab 433 Reply with quote

CB whip antenna ball mount would be my guess
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: