Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My overheat solved....
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shamu63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: My overheat solved.... Reply with quote

A couple weeks back I posted about my engine overheating and all the fixes I tried at home. After doing all I could think of and taking all the advice I was given from this forum I wound up taking my 181 into R&S performance in Orlando (Thanks Scooter).

Scooter fixed a number of things which were contributing to the overheat problem; wrong size tins, bad heat seal around the engine pan, bad exhaust install, Bad heat exchangers for heater, timing, etc...

I'm happy to say, my temps stick around 280 through 3rd gear, in 4th it slowly creeps into the 320's 330's and we're working on that, possibly larger jets. But after 15 miles the max temp hit 338 and didn't seem to want to go higher, so it's hot but not destructive.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who posted on my original thread. If you're going to be in Orlando send me a Message and maybe we can hang out for a beer or something.

Shamu
Ian Epperson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Glad you got it solved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bciesq
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooter is a good guy. Glad you're back on the road.
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: My overheat solved.... Reply with quote

280°f seems too hot for me..Is that a normal running temp then upto 300+ I thought it was supposed to be around 180-220. Mine runs at 240-260 so I thought it was overheating. I checked the thermostat and run my hood open at the T op like a bug..And where do u put the sending unit for the oil temp gauge? Mine is in the pressure relieve hole..Is this right,? Thanks for all your input on this..I'm a bus man at heart but alas they don't make a convertible
..Bill. In Vt
THINGONER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: My overheat solved.... Reply with quote

I think the O.P. was talking about cylinder head temp not oil temp.
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: My overheat solved.... Reply with quote

THINGONER wrote:

Let's hope so!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: My overheat solved.... Reply with quote

mondshine wrote:
THINGONER wrote:

Let's hope so!

Let's not assume

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: My overheat solved.... Reply with quote

15 year old thread.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: