Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ontario insurance
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rmcintosh1977
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: ontario insurance Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any insurance brokerages in Ontario writing "affordable" new policies for dune buggies?
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: ontario insurance Reply with quote

I am in Alberta so this may not apply. I am finding it increasingly difficult to get any insurance on our Buggy never mind "affordable". Insurance rates for us have gone up 50% or more over last year depending on the vehicle. We presently have our Buggy with Intac insurance. They have been reasonable in the past but we have not received a bill yet for this year so I don't know what it will be yet. AMA was double the price we paid last year and Haggarty would not insure anything I have.
Luftwagen 2180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ontario insurance Reply with quote

I was at Bug Out in Heidelberg Sunday and was talking to a couple of guys about it. One guy had Ayr Mutual and another had co-operators. One of them had to bring another car over to them before getting insurance, still cheaper than Facility though. Seems Hagerty isn't insuring them now, I'm grandfathered in though. It seems to be a real pain and depends which person you talk to on which day at which brokerage as to whether they will insure you. Lant was my original broker and the policy was with Aviva. I called Aviva at the time to get insurance directly and they said "we don't insure Dune Buggies" Rolling Eyes Seems that threatening to move all of your insurance elsewhere sometimes works to. VERY ANNOYING!! Hope this helps.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ontario insurance Reply with quote

AMA gave me a better rate on my Dodge truck and Jetta but they would not insure the Buggy, 944 or my wife's car she has contracted to Canada Post. It seems insurance companies are cherry picking what and who they will insure. If you are outside that "premium customer" pigeon hole... good luck!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: