Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: DasAutoAccessories
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 14, 2024
SICKFRID
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:24 pm    Post subject: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

I purchased one of DasAutoAccessories new bus shifters and it looks great and appears to be a quality product. The price is right, it comes with a lot of extras to allow for different height options, and I would definitely buy again.

6x More Likely (1N3)
lesterlestergarcia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

Very reliable seller and parts work properly, good communication with seller and quick response. No problem doing business with this company.
Drei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

I purchased the horn grills and am very happy with the product and service received. The original shipment was lost by the shipping carrier. Once I notified Walter, he quickly sent out another which I received quickly. If you are hesitant to do business with DasAutoAccessories, don't be. Walter will take good care of you.
Volksfolken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

I placed an order for a parcel tray on 23 June 2022 from a seller listed as 创碊as Auto Accessories创. The price was listed as $199 创includes shipping in the continental US创. The seller is listed in Catiac, California, and I am also in the continental US. PayPal charged me $239, and sent my payment to 创Durango Trading LLC创. Since both the charge and the seller磗 name were different from the ad, I decided to wait to see if the sale was legitimate before contesting the additional cost. These looked like red flags.

I received no order confirmation, so I emailed the seller the next day. Walter Santoni responded, saying that he had gotten the order, but did not confirm what the order was. A week later, on 30 June, I still had not received any shipping information, so I emailed again. Santoni emailed that the package was waiting for pick up by DHL on 1 July. On 2 July I still had not received a tracking number, so I emailed again. On 3 July Santoni povided the tracking number, which is when I learned that the parcel tray was in Brazil, not in California.

DHL expected to deliver the tray on 6 July, but on that date DHL was still waiting on information to allow the package to clear customs. DHL cancelled the delivery date, so on 6 July I emailed Santoni again, asking him to provide the information DHL needed. Santoni did not respond, so I emailed again on 7 July, telling him that if he did not respond within 24 hours, I would be filing complaints with PayPal and Visa. Very quickly, Santoni responded and said he had 创opened a claim创 with DHL.

On 8 July DHL finally indicated that the shipment had left Sao Paulo. The parcel tray arrived on 12 July. The tray is thin and light. It fits well. Paint is not done as well as the tray shown in the photos, and I磀 say that the tray is not as sturdy-looking, but it磗 hard to tell the thickness of the metal in the photos. Nonetheless, it should serve, and unlike plastic, be repairable if it isn磘 as sturdy as I hope. I was happy to receive it, but very unhappy with the whole process, and with being charged far more than the price of the tray than the price listed in the ad.

Communication with the seller was terrible; no information was ever voluntarily given,and I had to chase every interaction myself -- up to and including making sure the package made it out of Brazil. I consider that the ad is deceptively written. The company name isn磘 the one actually transacting business, the location is listed as California, when it is actually in Brazil, and the price charged is considerably more than the price listed in the ad. If I had known these things in advance, including that I would be charged $40 -- 20 per cent -- more for the item than the price listed in the ad, I would not have ordered.

On 12 July I requested a refund for the overcharge from Santoni. He emailed back, and said, essentially, that everyone knows that PayPal adds the shipping onto the price -- which is completely irrelevant to his ad, which clearly states that shipping is included, and clearly is intended to mislead the buyer into believing that the part ships from California, within 创the continental US创. I won磘 knowingly order from Santoni, 创Das Auto Accessories创 or 创Durango Trading LLC创 again, and I磀 caution others to keep my experience in mind if choosing to order from him themselves.

As of the posting of this feedback, Santoni has refused to refund the overcharge. If he does so in the future, I will update here.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

The parcel tray ad:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2502957

I'm not questioning your feedback as you have valid issues but I'm wonder how you didn't know it was $239 before purchasing it?

If you click on the Buy Now link in his ad, it goes to Paypal and says you are being charged $239 before making the payment.
(I just tried that)

The Buy link in the ad is:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&...et=UTF%2d8

In that link I can see his price is set to $239, this part of the link above:
amount=239
This seems like an error if it's supposed to be $199 - He should fix it.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Volksfolken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

Yes, I did know that the charge was $239, and I did go ahead, assuming that it was probably a shipping charge added incorrectly -- and that it could be sorted.

When the payment went through under a different company name, I realized that I may have more of an issue than just the shipping price, so, as I wrote above, I decided to see if the sale went through before attempting to address the shipping charge alone. I preferred to fight one battle instead of two, if things came to that.

And, yes, the price certainly should be $199 everywhere -- because that磗 the price quoted for the parcel tray, with shipping included in the continental US. Which is where any reasonable person would have assumed the parcel tray was.

Yes, Santoni should correct this, and also the location and name of his business, for his own comfort and for transparency for his customers.
Volksfolken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

Update to my feedback above, regarding the parcel tray: I received an email from Walter Santoni today (29 July) offering to 创send the money back创 if I delete my feedback.

I am replying to Santoni pointing out that the feedback is honest, and that I am not willing to delete it.
Volksfolken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

I have just received a private email from Walter Santoni, minutes after I posted the update above, in which Santoni says 创Nice, we have a deal, I return your money back and you delete all the comments创.

We do NOT 创have a deal创, and as noted above, I am not willing to delete my honest feedback.

At this point, I accept that I have overpaid for the parcel tray, and I am not interested in cooperating with Santoni磗 wish to pay me to remove my feedback. I will not communicate with him further, and consider the matter closed.
DasAutoAccessories
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

This is WALTER SANTONI here, doing business since 1999, we have Company Websites, Ebay Websites, many accounts on TheSamba, etc...all with 100% positive feedback, we have a reliable business.

It seems you dont have nothing to do, just writing here again and again to confuse everyone with prolonged novels.

Sorry to say this, but YOU ARE WRONG, and the first case I had in 20 years, when an item says "price" then you click to the PayPal link and see the price + shipping cost (if not why did you click on? I have to pay the shipping cost, right?), on the contrary, "price SHIPPED" then you click the PayPal link and the its the same value (shipping cost INCLUDED).

I ve already talk to Everett, I think his reply already answered your doubts. Its a shame we all TheSamba community have to read this kind of novels.. but there exists.

I decided to offer your the money back, because I see you need it and also to not confuse every one on this website, not because I am a scammer, as I told you I DID THE RIGHT THING, I ve just sell an item and YOU DECIDE to pay for it, price plus shipping cost, if not you would click on. You can also ask me before, dont you?

Remember this forum is to write or comment about item quality or customer experiences (real ones) not to express unsolved personal issues in the real life or just writing every day because you dont have nothing to do. This is a serious Website. If you have to talk with me, call me and we solve it... like every human being do without all this novels like serious people.

Have a nice day and I ll be awaiting for your call to talk and solve it in a professional way.

Thank you for your time.

Walter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Instagram Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

I believe this ad IS misleading. It says shipping is INCLUDED in continental US which should make it $199. BUT, when you click on the pay link it says $239. The buyer has been misled. Simple, change the ad NOT to read shipping included. SELLER this is not right!!
DasAutoAccessories
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
I believe this ad IS misleading. It says shipping is INCLUDED in continental US which should make it $199. BUT, when you click on the pay link it says $239. The buyer has been misled. Simple, change the ad NOT to read shipping included. SELLER this is not right!!

Hello Sir, Please use this link for direct PayPal payments (includes shipping in the continental US): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&...et=UTF%2d8

INCLUDES... NOT INCLUDED. Please, read well.

Even so I ll put nothing here to avoid misunderstanding..

FOR NEXT ORDERS, REMEMBER YOU WILL PAY THE ITEM + SHIPPING COST, THATS ALL, WE WILL CLOSE THIS MATTER HERE, THIS IS LIKE ARGUING LAW OF GRAVITY.

Thank you Volksfolken and Wheel607 to help me with this confusing matter. Now we are all clear.

Nice day for you guys.

Thank you again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Instagram Classifieds Feedback
Phil 67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

Purchased a stop light from DasAutoAccessories on 7/14/2022. Received item in a timely manner. This seller is great to deal with. I contacted him about an issue and he replied back quickly and corrected the issue. I would not hesitate to do business again with this seller. I too misunderstood the shipping but I figured it out that shipping is added at time on purchase. Happy camper and the stop light looks great
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
axgrind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Purchased flower vase from DasAutoAccessories Best seller and fast ! Quality of vase is beautiful !!!
Great seller !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dickie B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

For being told before I ordered a Jim Dandy rack that it would be 6-7 days to deliver, I finally got a full refund 3 WEEKS later. I will not be back.
DasAutoAccessories
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

Dickie B wrote:
For being told before I ordered a Jim Dandy rack that it would be 6-7 days to deliver, I finally got a full refund 3 WEEKS later. I will not be back.

It was a problem with our supplier, we do always ship same day. Sorry about it. We are a reliable business with many parts and accessories for your oldie. Thanks and sorry again.
Dickie B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: DasAutoAccessories - [email protected] - Walter Santoni Reply with quote

If that were the case, you should抳e said something from the beginning and it shouldn抰 have taken so long to resolve. I抣l pass on ordering any parts. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: