Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MoFoCo Never Did Get An Engine
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JESFromASC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:46 am    Post subject: MoFoCo Never Did Get An Engine Reply with quote

Just a heads up for others -
I ordered an engine from MoFoCo in May of 2021 - YES - 2021 not 2022 and I never did receive one.
When I ordered it I was told to expect about 5 months, that became 8, 10, 12, 14...
In the meantime I did get a lot of BS, ignored email and was told after a year had past and I called and asked to cancel that, "We have a no cancellation policy on engine builds."
Go through your credit card company/bank dispute process to get your money back.
I did try to alert the WI department of consumer protection but they can only handle WI resident to WI business complaints.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: MoFoCo Never Did Get An Engine Reply with quote

What kind of engine do you need/want?
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: MoFoCo Never Did Get An Engine Reply with quote

JESFromASC wrote:
was told after a year had past and I called and asked to cancel that, "We have a no cancellation policy on engine builds."

this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: MoFoCo Never Did Get An Engine Reply with quote

I went through something similar, waited 10 months after many covidscuses and cnc problems, the only way I communicated was phone calls and voice mails,
Don't give up, they do make a decent motor. But are burning bridges along the way..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWporscheGT3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: MoFoCo Never Did Get An Engine Reply with quote

Mofoco aside....

Parts have been a universally hard thing to get your hands on reliably for the last 2 years. if there was already a large backup on build to begin with when times were good than you can expect a MUCH larger back up now. Being in the automotive industry and someone who has had his own personal stuff on backorder in some cases for over a year, so I understand your frustration.
I have nothing to add when it comes to customer service ... I am not going to pile on.

If you already understand the supply issues my apologies... its just something people seem to forget about A LOT lately.

I like being wrong, Because, it is another opportunity to learn. If you stop learning from your mistakes than what is the point?

If you have any questions about Forged ICON 4032 VW pistons just shoot me a line.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: MoFoCo Never Did Get An Engine Reply with quote

Please repost in their feedback topic:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=224339

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: