Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

T5 resto back on track; now I know where all that grease went
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Crowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: T5 resto back on track; now I know where all that grease went Reply with quote

The Administrative Law Judge issued his decision recently in the case of Lance Lighthall, dba Lighthall Classics, in Shingle Springs, CA. Here's a link to a copy thereof.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1is7KBe6diDLjVJECw5ixFJFB7lIfp4IW/view?usp=sharing

I think Mr. Lighthall can appeal from this decision, should he desire to do so.
William Crowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: T5 resto back on track; now I know where all that grease went Reply with quote

Mr. Lighthall is very upset with me because I want to rescind our contract. I don't want to be unreasonable and want to give his position fair consideration before pursuing my case further. I sure would appreciate it if anyone who is familiar with Mr. Lighthall's business practices would message me and tell me if they think I am being unfair to him in wanting to rescind. If the consensus were that I'm being unreasonable, I would definitely want to consider backing down. Thank you.
William Crowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: T5 resto back on track; now I know where all that grease went Reply with quote

It seems that the exact door striker panel for a 1960 356B T5 is NLA, so you have to use the T2 part instead (no. 644 502 041 01 for the driver's side striker panel). The T2 striker has a small accommodation for a rubber wedge that is not used on the T5. What would you do: (1) install the T2-type striker panel as is (and maybe try to install the T2 rubber wedge); or (2) remove the wedge accommodation from the T2 striker before installing it?
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: T5 resto back on track; now I know where all that grease went Reply with quote

Restoration Design has T5 specific striker panels, but they are twice the price. Why don’t you use a T6 panel and dolly out the dimple?
William Crowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: T5 resto back on track; now I know where all that grease went Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Jack! I hope to meet you someday.

I think Alex deJonge of Restoration Design told me I should use the T2 striker. Alex has been very kind to me in offering advice, but I'd better check with him again, just to make sure I understood him right. I'll also run the idea of using a T6 striker past him, as well as asking him about the T5-specific ones, and will let you know what he says.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: