Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Door Alignment Help!!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
itjustbugsme2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Door Alignment Help!! Reply with quote

I was searching for any "Tips" as to how to install and align the door on a 1974 VW Karmann Ghia's "Door Wedge". Easy to install, just two screws but are there any tips as to proper alignment, again via these "wedges"?

As I read some of the replies it reminded me of the following:

While on a business trip, I checked into the hotel and went down to the lounge to relax with a good drink before hitting the sack.

To my surprise, right next to me sad a ........yes a "Screw Driver". We started up a conversation and I said: "Hey, you know that named a drink after you"?

He looked a little surprised and replied: "There's a drink called Phillip"?

Sorry.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
itjustbugsme2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Door Alignment Help!! Reply with quote

OK, here are some pics of the Ghia "Door Wedge". Other than my question/post earlier requesting some "Tips" for installation and alignment, I have another as can be seen and better described in the pics.

You can see that on the wedge itself, the one screw hole, and the front one appears to be a little larger in DIA. These screws only come in one DIA head size; so the question is: "Why is the front insert, and brass sleeve large than the back"?

Appreciate
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

the input.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: