Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Middle seats
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnydot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Hi every one from Australia I would like some assistance in identifying the year and type of bus (Ambulance?)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

cris torlasco Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

The middle seat looks out of a bay window bus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Split 66'
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Does look like a Bay middle seat. Was there an arm rest that was cut off?

The jump seat is odd how the seat portion is going in a different direction than the back rest.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

jonnydot wrote:
Hi every one from Australia I would like some assistance in identifying the year and type of bus (Ambulance?)

Looks to be bay, and those are the worst views to tell what is going on with that seat. Maybe take some pictures from the other sides?

I would guess that it is an owner modified thing, but hard to tell from those views.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sundialer66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

The legs on my full length ‘57 seat have been cut off 3” from the bottom. Can anyone provide a full size tracing of the bends or idea on getting the tubes correct so that I may save this beauty.

Thank you.
House
Minutia Militia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

sundialer66 wrote:
The legs on my full length ‘57 seat have been cut off 3” from the bottom. Can anyone provide a full size tracing of the bends or idea on getting the tubes correct so that I may save this beauty.

Thank you.

Might consider just getting some from this guy:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2359531
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sundialer66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Wow!! Thank you!!
thekombistop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I just recently picked up a very rare 2/3 soft green bench from an auction in rural South Dakota! Its been in a barn for decades and the PO is deceased so I'm unsure of how it ended up there or where the rest of the bus is (as the PO had 0 other VW related things to give any clues). Not sure specifically what year this bench is from, but I am of the understanding it is a 55-58 PGSG soft green bench that would've also been the uncommon walk-through option because it's a 2/3. Only cosmetic defects are the missing armrest, a 2 inch separation in the trim on the bottom half towards the center, and 2 small cracks on the bottom half next to the second seam from the right. The bottom rails also had 2 holes drilled in each with boards attached to them when I picked it up. I'm looking to sell in the near future as I don't have a PGSG and would love for this to go to someone in need of an OG 2/3 bench. Keep an eye out in the classifieds for it or shoot me a message if interested. Thanks

H

Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Whereabouts in South Dakota? Been quite a few buses from there, especially the south east.
I'm in NE Iowa and visited a cleanout of a place called Lacey's near Garretson about 20 years ago.
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
House
Minutia Militia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Wow, nice seat! Not a lot of busses out there needing that one, but cool find!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Nice Find!

Based on this photo, it appears to be a '58 seat as the back rest is curved:

1955-57 are "flat back" seats where the back rest goes straight down.

Flat back rest full-length seat:

Notes:
It might not have come from a walk-through Bus, you could order a short middle seat for any Bus and I've seen a few early Buses with bench front seats and short middle seats.

The drilled legs for wood so it could be free-standing to sit on is not uncommon, I've seen that a few times and had a middle seat like that too.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thekombistop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Nice Find!

Notes:
It might not have come from a walk-through Bus, you could order a short middle seat for any Bus and I've seen a few early Buses with bench front seats and short middle seats.

The drilled legs for wood so it could be free-standing to sit on is not uncommon, I've seen that a few times and had a middle seat like that too.

Blown away by your knowledge as usual Everett! Thanks for all the help, this is the first middle seat I have gotten my hands on so I'm still learning for sure
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

sd60mango wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Nice Find!

Notes:

Blown away by your knowledge as usual Everett! Thanks for all the help, this is the first middle seat I have gotten my hands on so I'm still learning for sure

I'd guess you're learning how fast your email incoming bin can fill up.
Nice unobtanium seat you got there!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Alan Brase wrote:
Whereabouts in South Dakota? Been quite a few buses from there, especially the south east.
I'm in NE Iowa and visited a cleanout of a place called Lacey's near Garretson about 20 years ago.

Mike Lacey in Trent, SD bought out Larry Axemaker's place in Bridgewater, SD in the early 90's. Last time I drove through Trent, Lacey had a couple crappy VW's around, but mostly American iron these days.
woodfloor1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Hello, any photos of a flat back middle without the seat covers installed? Need pics of springs.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

I found these in the Gallery searching on flat back seat

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Has anyone used this full middle seat for their bus? It says 1955 -1967 which of course is not the same seat, but I have a 1967 that needs a full middle seat and this looks close, but how close?

I'm looking for feedback from anyone that has seen or worked with this seat. I see the same seat is for sale from Wolfsburg west.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2576086
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

With the far (vargo side) leg kicked out like that, and the extra support braces, it looks like they copied a 64-67 seat.

If that's the case it should be more correct for a 67 than a pre-64.

A modified bay 2/3 would also work for your 67 since they share the same later outer leg floor mounting position.

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

nlorntson wrote:
Has anyone used this full middle seat for their bus? It says 1955 -1967 which of course is not the same seat, but I have a 1967 that needs a full middle seat and this looks close, but how close?

I'm looking for feedback from anyone that has seen or worked with this seat. I see the same seat is for sale from Wolfsburg west.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2576086

It is a copy of a '67 only middle seat, which has the diagonal support in the legs. The seats work well. The bolts that hold the flipper portion on are not correct, they should be flathead screws. Those are a design flaw on original seats which have never been improved upon with the repro seats. stock ones are just threaded screws with no shoulder or anything so they can torque down, so the outer one loosens up over time and falls out. The inner one is generally held in place by the seat upholstery. Also the bottom bar on the backrest is a C shaped piece on original seats, but it is a sealed tube on the reproduction seats, so you need to cut a slice in it so the upholstery can go into the channel like it did originally.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
rudygetz
Guaperia Ful Tine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Middle seats Reply with quote

Is there a company in the US that is recreating 2/3 seats for split windows? I've come across repops for the full bench seat but not 2/3.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 48, 49, 50  Next
Jump to:
Page 49 of 50

Jump to: