Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Trends Customer Support and Feedback
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

The latest issue has a blue Zwitter with all the wrong parts. Nice.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Splitdog wrote:
The latest issue has a blue Zwitter with all the wrong parts. Nice.

Sir that is "custom" Very Happy

All I want is a magazine full of Shannon Rae, clean machinework, nice cars, and limited advertising type articles. Tutorials, how-tos, and DIY builds, rather than checkbook builds.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Thank you for proving my point.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Lingwendil!

Yeah, we're big Shannon fans as well. And we're working on exactly what you are looking for. Cool VWs, tech and how tos, and plenty of non-trailer queens. We'll still feature them when we find some really exceptional ones, but our focus is more on what people are building and driving.
NormGarr87
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

I placed an order for three magazines in late June 2022. I received a tracking link for USPS but it was preshipment. I cannot track the order. I have done everything but send up smoke signals to contact them and all I get is silence. At this point I'm just writing off the $29.00 they charged.

Beware.
73 Thing
81 Caddy w/2.0 liter ABA
Every VW has some Porsche DNA and every Porsche has some VW DNA. Sorry boys, they started as hopped up V-Dubs.
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Dan Leadbetter, the Grand Poobah of VW Trends, watches this. I hope when he reaches out to you (and I am sure he will), please post back here. He's smart enough to know that bad PR is not great for a magazine just starting out..

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
NormGarr87
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Thanks, I hope he does. I wanted the magazines before starting a subscription. At this point not sure what to think.
73 Thing
81 Caddy w/2.0 liter ABA
Every VW has some Porsche DNA and every Porsche has some VW DNA. Sorry boys, they started as hopped up V-Dubs.
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Norm!

i just sent you a direct message .....
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

As I said, the Grand Poobah of VWT is on here, and I knew he would see this, and answer. He doesn't bother with the constant whiners, "hey they took 5 dollars of mine 20 years ago, and then ceased publication" he knows there is nothing he can do to appease them, and Besides, it is a whole different company now, it would be like complaining about Chevrolet because your Taurus or Falcon or Mustang has a problem. Dan understands that he has a bit of a battle on his hands, from the way VWT was unceremoniously dumped, but that was none of his doing, he wasn't even working there, and hadn't for quite a few years.

Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:
Hey vwinnovator!

I was told from the last surviving staffers, the publishing company who owned it at the end had cut the staff and freelance budget so low, they couldn't put out a quality magazine anymore. So when that happened, advertising started dwindling, and the quality of the mag went to hell. The bean counters saw the numbers going down, made more cuts, the magazine quality suffered again, then they unceremoniously killed it.

That's the story on that. If anyone else has any more info, please feel free to post it.

I wasn't there anymore at the bitter end, but I saw it coming. Without knowing any of the science, or numbers, other than what McMullen/Argus-K-III- Primedia-Source Interlink-TEN (did I miss any? LOL) I would look at the page right inside the back cover, yep, the ol' Advertiser's index. What I saw was that index getting smaller and smaller, whereas it used to be a full page with small font, it had gone to roughly half a page, larger font, double spaced...you get the idea..The reasons for this downturn? I have my ideas, but don't feel it is appropriate to say them here, as I could be dead wrong, and I **HATE** being wrong. But, anyway, less advertisers, means less $$ for the Bean Counters in New York, and once they realized that it was costing 10 beans to put the magazine out, and they were only getting 9 beans back.. <poof>.

DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I appreciate your support! It's been quite the challenge getting the magazine back off the ground, but totally worth it!

The new issue of VW Trends should be hitting mailboxes in the next few days. Would love to hear what people think.

In the meantime, if you haven't already subscribed, please go to www.vwtrendsmagazine.com and check it out!
EMPIPowerRules21
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

DanLeadbetter wrote:

The new issue of VW Trends should be hitting mailboxes in the next few days. Would love to hear what people think.

How honest do you want us to be? You put out 5 issues, and it's not looking good. You started out OK, but they have gone down each time. This was the worst issue yet.
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Would love to hear a little more detail as to what exactly you don't like or what you think needs improving. I appreciate all feedback.
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Dan, this guy joined TODAY, and he has ONE post- this one. I get the feeling he is just trying to stir up "stuff".. Tell us a little about yourself, Empipowerrules, what have you contributed to the industry/hobby/obession?
Do you remember the old "Rants and Raves" forum, I do, and I can be quite good at it.

Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

NormGarr87, did Dan help you with your subscription issues? I had nicely asked you to reply back, and you have not done so. Did you forget? Very Happy

Last edited by Dave on Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Can single issues be purchased, or is it year-long subscription only?
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Hey Phil!

Absolutely single issues can be purchased. We sold out of issue four (our big tech issue), but the rest are available at www.vwtrendsmagazine.com!

Thanks for asking!
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

KT Phil, the newest issue has a bunch of Type 3's at the Curly Redwood Lodge.... Wink

KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Thanks, that's why I am interested!
It took a bit to find the single-issue option but did find it. Looking forward to seeing it!
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: VW Trends is BACK! Reply with quote

Awesome! Glad you found it!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to:
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: