Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1970 Montana Red
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 Montana Red Reply with quote

imtb wrote:
Thanks for the nice comments , I am pretty happy with it.
Here is the engine. Stock and points, runs decent. I have plans for new engine and tranny.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Looks good. Make sure when you build that new engine, do not use the fan shroud on this engine. It is likely a cheap aftermarket (EMPI) shroud that does not have the proper internal parts to have the most efficient cooling airfliow possible. Find a nice stock late model fan shroud, like this one.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2227239

I do not know the seller, and not trying to sell you on a particular shroud, just showing an example.
imtb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 Montana Red Reply with quote

This weeks project. Install Go Westy retractable seat belt. They feel very safe and I like how look,not laying next to seat.

imtb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 Montana Red Reply with quote

Finally got my engine in and freeway flyer transmission. Engine is bubble top 2007cc with Holley super sniper efi. Bus has plenty of power and is fun to drive. I can cruise on highway 65-70 pretty easily. New steering box up next.

blink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 Montana Red Reply with quote

How do you find the Holley kit?

does it work pretty well?

Thanks
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 Montana Red Reply with quote

I'm sure it is satisfying to drive with all that power, but please throw all of that chinese chrome shit in the dumpster and get good quality German cooling tin in place. It just functions so much better, and your engine will thank you while it lasts a good long time.
Krakowski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 Montana Red Reply with quote

Wow, beautiful bus. That red looks amazing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: