Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

a smith wrote:
irvanm wrote:
how much was the 67 priced at? it shows sold and no price now. Thanks

I think it was 8500 but I'm sure Everett could confirm.

This car?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2558638

It was $8900 originally, not sure what it was before it said pending as it could have had a price change over time.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Why is it that people come on here and misrepresent their RESTORED Beetles like nobody is going to look at it. Maybe they are not! Ad number 2519628 is for such a Beetle "restored" in Brazil, a number 1 condition, for $21,100. He hasnt a clue about what a NUMBER 1 condition is. I havent seen anything come out of BRAZIL that I would ever call a Number 1 condition. The paint shines and there is plenty of it, but interior is wrong, engine compartment lacks, along with a shoddy trunk. It is a 10 footer at best. A number 1 is the best of the best, can be restored but in as good of condition as when it left the factory. Yada, yada, yada. Please call it what it is and price it accordingly. I am tired of seeing crap, that people have assigned a NUMBER 1 condition to. There are other "nice" terms to assign to your load, like, photographs well.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

^^^ The age-old, fundamental disagreement on the definition of the term "restored." Nothing new and it will never change. Brazil is 40 years behind the US in terms of car refurbishment quality.

To me a car is restored only when a person stores it someplace, moves it then "restores" it again at its earlier location.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

no offence, but if I want to a concourse restoration, i'd be buying nicer covers to start with Wink https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2561051

Last edited by bwaz on Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
no offence, but if I want to a concours restoration, i'd be buying nicer covers to start with Wink https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2561051

Well, he did say Concourse Smile

I guess he's expecting you to rechrome them?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Mike Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
a smith wrote:
irvanm wrote:

This car?

It was $8900 originally, not sure what it was before it said pending as it could have had a price change over time.

It's back up, now for $9900.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2561121
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Mr. Mike wrote:
EverettB wrote:
a smith wrote:
irvanm wrote:

This car?

Looks like the seatbelts are removed... Wink
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:
EverettB wrote:
a smith wrote:
irvanm wrote:

This car?

It looks like delraydude has this piece of crap up in price but also has taken the $1000 seat belts out of it. I guess "james" bailed on him for his crap. Also has some others name in here who isnt even a Samba member..........Phew!!!
a smith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
bwaz wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:
EverettB wrote:
a smith wrote:
irvanm wrote:

This car?

It looks like delraydude has this piece of crap up in price but also has taken the $1000 seat belts out of it. I guess "james" bailed on him for his crap. Also has some others name in here who isnt even a Samba member..........Phew!!!

Fuel line set up looks very sketchy at best. For the asking it should not be a fire hazard and you should get a new seal in the engine compartment along with new preheat and heater pipes
73BajaNH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

a smith wrote:
wheel607 wrote:
bwaz wrote:
Mr. Mike wrote:
EverettB wrote:
a smith wrote:
irvanm wrote:

This car?

Fuel line set up looks very sketchy at best. For the asking it should not be a fire hazard and you should get a new seal in the engine compartment along with new preheat and heater pipes

I stumbled onto you guys talking about this car... I just drove 4hrs round trip to look at it. I'm not fully comfortable with critiquing someone's selling price but - Anyway there was enough small details that I think he's expecting people to either be ignorant of or miss. I passed, too much $ for what it is.

The Good -
It is the least rusty bug I've seen in a while that wasn't a recent resto or a special original totally stock survivor that you wouldn't want to drive many miles ($$$).
The seller (who's a friend of the owner) was amicable and had a lift and bright lights to inspect with.
It was "tight" - doors had no sag. You could drive it as is safely, and oil the rust and fagedaboutit.

The Bad -
It has a few rust minor throughs easily seen on end of left heat channel and on right front wheel well heater channel. Some stuff above trans was very crusty not sure how much would clean up ok but someday someone is going to have to section in some stuff. I stopped looking at rust at that point after the sinking feeling...
Steering wheel cracked and horn hacked.
Cracked left cylinder head, a sure sign that the motor was hacked.
Booger welded on left rear bumper bracket WTF.
I had to point out that the window seals weren't masked right when they re-sprayed it (very obvious) - After he told me it was "Original Paint".
I could go on.

I'm way out of touch with prices today but I decided to write this when I saw that this has been advertised previously and is now $12900 (was 9900 yesterday). What the hell?

Man I'd like to find my son a bug, I was absolutely elated when he said he wants to buy one, with his money I should add. It just seems like there are none out there anymore.

I guess this is motivation to put my Baja back together so he can drive that when he get home from school next year.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

73BajaNH wrote:
I stumbled onto you guys talking about this car... I just drove 4hrs round trip to look at it. I'm not fully comfortable with critiquing someone's selling price but - Anyway there was enough small details that I think he's expecting people to either be ignorant of or miss. I passed, too much $ for what it is.
The Good -
It is the least rusty bug I've seen in a while that wasn't a recent resto or a special original totally stock survivor that you wouldn't want to drive many miles ($$$).
The seller (who's a friend of the owner) was amicable and had a lift and bright lights to inspect with.
It was "tight" - doors had no sag. You could drive it as is safely, and oil the rust and fagedaboutit.
The Bad -
It has a few rust minor throughs easily seen on end of left heat channel and on right front wheel well heater channel. Some stuff above trans was very crusty not sure how much would clean up ok but someday someone is going to have to section in some stuff. I stopped looking at rust at that point after the sinking feeling...
Steering wheel cracked and horn hacked.
Cracked left cylinder head, a sure sign that the motor was hacked.
Booger welded on left rear bumper bracket WTF.
I had to point out that the window seals weren't masked right when they re-sprayed it (very obvious) - After he told me it was "Original Paint".
I could go on.
I'm way out of touch with prices today but I decided to write this when I saw that this has been advertised previously and is now $12900 (was 9900 yesterday). What the hell?
Man I'd like to find my son a bug, I was absolutely elated when he said he wants to buy one, with his money I should add. It just seems like there are none out there anymore.
I guess this is motivation to put my Baja back together so he can drive that when he get home from school next year.

What would be sweet: Everett allows honest, real-world feedback reviews of vehicle inspections, like this, to be attached to ads here on TheSamba. There's an oval on here that I had discussed with the seller, there's some doozies that came in in JUST my phone call with him, that were questions I posed based on sketchy pics. I got the usual motor-mouth replies where he only wanted me to hear what he wanted me to hear, and everything I pointed out was totally discounted and played down, in contrast to the excessive price. And he's clearly flipping it.
Anyway, this notion would be a concept that any seller here on TheSamba has to accept as a condition of advertising here; that anybody who looks at or knows better truths about an advertised vehicle can attach their findings and inspecting experience directly to the ad. Yeah, that would be sweet.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

A 1966 vert has appeared HERE in classifieds. Do you think it is a number1, I sure dont. New member yesterday placed an ad 2564160 for this heap. It has a pretty face but within 5 seconds you will notice no pictures of the pan or inside. After the second 5 seconds you will notice that the bumpers are crap (new). What do these assholes think? You can come on here and throw any piece of crap out there for $30,000 and think you dont have to back it up. Anyway it is NOT a number 1 car for a person that is NEW to this site.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
A 1966 vert has appeared HERE in classifieds. Do you think it is a number1, I sure dont. New member yesterday placed an ad 2564160 for this heap. It has a pretty face but within 5 seconds you will notice no pictures of the pan or inside. After the second 5 seconds you will notice that the bumpers are crap (new). What do these assholes think? You can come on here and throw any piece of crap out there for $30,000 and think you dont have to back it up. Anyway it is NOT a number 1 car for a person that is NEW to this site.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2564160
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

These'll be sitting a while...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2565462

Beetle rims 66-67 Price: $350 obo (as of 8/10/22)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2565591
"Please no negative comments. $35,000." Brick wall Brick wall
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2553878

Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:

Rolling Eyes

That's some expensive garbage can filler.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
stale air wrote:

Rolling Eyes

That's some expensive garbage can filler.

Especially if you buy them complete with the boards.
It's super expensive to ship door panels as I found out when I tried to sell some decent ones for around $15-$20.
Better to sell and ship the material and various trim pieces, etc. only
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Looking to part another fool with his money.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2568394
Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409 ... 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 408 of 422

Jump to: