Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fast Food Restaurants
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
I don't remember if I've seen it in this thread yet, but there is a fast food chain around here called Five Guys. Big juicy burgers, zaftig fries, as well as some other FF items such as sandwiches and hotdogs.

fuck yea! the trick is you have to eat it right on the spot. it doesn't travel well

Link

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

My favorite SNL skit ever...

Link

scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:
I don't remember if I've seen it in this thread yet, but there is a fast food chain around here called Five Guys. Big juicy burgers, zaftig fries, as well as some other FF items such as sandwiches and hotdogs.

fuck yea! the trick is you have to eat it right on the spot. it doesn't travel well

Maybe that was the issue. We had brought it home. Same town, <10 minute drive. Wasn't great by the time I ate it. The kids loved it, though. They also liked Buffalo Wild Wings, which I wasn't crazy about, either. But they arrived dried out the one time I had them.

When I try FG again I'll eat it at the counter.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:

This is one thing I don't get about people getting fast food like McDonalds delivered - it's only good if you eat it right away. It doesn't travel well at all.

Even when I've got stuff to go it's so I can eat it right away in my car.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

Two things everyone should take away from this threads are,
Gum is not food! And,
Eat fries right away.
Also, I would like to ad, don’t ever microwave McNuggets.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

This is one thing I don't get about people getting fast food like McDonalds delivered - it's only good if you eat it right away. It doesn't travel well at all.

Even when I've got stuff to go it's so I can eat it right away in my car.

not fast food, but we have 2 pizza joints we use. one place uses those Styrofoam clamshell boxes for fries and by the time we get it home, 10/15 mins the fries are just wet and gross

the other place uses the same clamshell thing but made out of some sort of papery cardboard stuff with vent holes. same travel time and the fries are crisp, maybe a touch cool but not mush

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

I just made a batch of crispy fries and eating them, right now. Their crinkle cut and good with honey mustard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
I just made a batch of crispy fries and eating them, right now. Their crinkle cut and good with honey mustard.

I brought lunch to work but that put me over the top. I’m totally getting fast food today. I hope they still have the Rosemary French fries Cool

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

Get the small ones - Rosemarys Baby Fries
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
scottyrocks wrote:

Maybe that was the issue. We had brought it home. Same town, <10 minute drive. Wasn't great by the time I ate it. The kids loved it, though. They also liked Buffalo Wild Wings, which I wasn't crazy about, either. But they arrived dried out the one time I had them.

When I try FG again I'll eat it at the counter.

I guess I'm some sort of masochist. I'll order a In-N-Out Double Double burger and if I'm in the mood for a real cholesterol fix, their double fried (extra crispy) fries to go. With traffic, I'm about 10 minutes away from my house. I get home, and everything is awesome. FWIW, anyway...
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

Double crispy! Shocked oh man. I'm trying that next time!
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

Five Stars Family Burger, Cornelius, Or.

Depending on what top ten list you search for.
Five Stars Family Burger is one of the best around these parts. If not in the USA.
Korean owned, run and staffed.

Super friendly folks from the son working the counter, to Dad cooking the beef over hot Mesquite coals outside, to Momma working the magic in the kitchen, finalizing the fantastic burger plates that are about to head your way.

I have been there once and it's only 2.8 miles away from me.
They always sell out early in the day and close up shop. It's that Good!

I highly recommend the (F8 see the menu link below) Bulgogi topped burger. Google it! It pairs well with the perfectly cooked locally sourced beef burger.

If you are ever in NW Oregon. Head there early and enjoy one of the tastiest burgers ever. IMHO!

https://restaurantguru.com/Five-Stars-Family-Burger-Forest-Grove/menu

It's a treat, not an everyday burger joint.

Oh, and if you're in a hurry. Don't bother. They will take their time to deliver you a fantastic burger, you will soon not forget.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:

Five Stars Family Burger is one of the best around these parts. If not in the USA.

Super friendly folks from the son working the counter, to Dad cooking the beef over hot Mesquite coals outside, to Momma working the magic in the kitchen, finalizing the fantastic burger plates that are about to head your way.

I highly recommend the (F8 see the menu link below) Bulgogi topped burger. Google it! It pairs well with the perfectly cooked locally sourced beef burger.

If you are ever in NW Oregon. Head there early and enjoy one of the tastiest burgers ever. IMHO!

Oh, and if you're in a hurry. Don't bother. They will take their time to deliver you a fantastic burger, you will soon not forget.

I'll take an F5 with bacon. I'm not in a hurry, it's a nine hour drive. Cool
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
67rustavenger wrote:

I'll take an F5 with bacon. I'm not in a hurry, it's a nine hour drive. Cool

If you leave 3 hours from now. I'll meet ya there @ 11:00am. and buy the F5 for ya. Very Happy

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:

Do you think it'll still be all right if I uber-eats it to NY?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

I can’t imagine buying fast food in the metro NY area. Way too many other great choices.

SE port deli in Setauket. Awesome , one sandwich is four meals for SWMBO and me
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I can’t imagine buying fast food in the metro NY area. Way too many other great choices.

Of course there are. But sometimes you don't have the time to sit down and wait for the waiter/wait for the drinks/wait fore the food/wait for the check thing.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Of course there are. But sometimes you don't have the time to sit down and wait for the waiter/wait for the drinks/wait fore the food/wait for the check thing.

Isn't that why it's called "fast" food? Razz
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

A's Burgers in Capo Beach or Dana Point?

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fast Food Restaurants Reply with quote

California is full of independent or small chain burger joints. East is slowly going that way.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: