Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Tools w/photos
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allan Buc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Razor blades

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Scored these these goodies this morning all original hazet stuff except that
Chrome Chinese fake tool box ….

53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Fuck bro. Did you run into that 85 year old that wanted to rid himself of his hoard last minute? You know the guy that held on to it for high dollar only to get turned down time and again?

That's not a good haul here in he states, thats a great haul regardless of the Empi aftermarket shiz. AFAHTAC - As far as Hazet Tools Are Concerned - thats a great haul.

Selling all that at once you either buttered him up or he was desperate. Laughing Laughing

Nice catch. Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
el_safari
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Incroyable! Cool
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hazet 940 ratchet set
(from 1949-51, so the time of early bugs and splt window buses)

before restoration:

now after restoration:

my early 916s (from 1933 to 1951):

Similar to "Blackhawk 49977" (USA, 1919) - or to prior "Mossberg 350" (USA Patent 1078059, 1913). May have been purchased from or licensed to Hazet.

regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

I have now also made a first advertising stand and a magnetic sign of the nice 1972 mascot :
(only for my private use! - I needed many hours in winter with InkScape Confused - today many companies offer printing and cutting at low prices as these two for $ 30 Smile )

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Awesome resto (again) and signs Rolf-Stephan!

Added a few partly filled socket boxes to my collection so had a look if I could fill them from my spare parts...

gr
Wout

rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

my current collection of HAZET wheel nut wrenches for air-cooled VWs:

Hazet 772/2 (1952-1954) wheel nut wrench with single wheel cap claw in metal handle (patent pending),
Hazet 772/2 (1954-1965) wheel nut wrench with single wheel cap claw in metal handle,
Hazet 772 (1965-1972) wheel nut wrench with single wheel cap claw in grey plastic handle,
HAZET 772 (1972-1979) wheel nut wrench with double wheel cap claw in grey plastic handle (with VW spare part label 111 012 265).

The HAZET patent 912800 pending in August 1950 include both version 772/1 and 772/2, but in the HAZET catalog of 1950 only the 772/1 was listed for hub caps without holes. In 1952 both are listed. In the 1979 colored catalog of HAZET there was an image of a 772 with blue handle. This I have never seen or could found it in the internet. Maybe just a mistake in the drawing... Or has anyone seen this?

Are there more versions of 772 for VW?

and in the background:

Hazet 773 (1969-1976) wheel nut wrench with double wheel cap claw in grey plastic handle,
HAZET 773 (1976 -1979) wheel nut wrench with double wheel cap claw in blue plastic handle,
HAZET 705 (1979-1990) simple four-way socket wrench "W-GERMANY".

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello,

HAZET 1980 adjustable metal saw (1954-1988) this one from 1965 to 1985
(not part of VW basic sets, but common in tool cabinets and tool boxes - hard to find today in complete good condition)

It can be assumed that the saw was only produce for HAZET and that the handle was given the appropriate HAZET inscription. There are also a similar "BELZER Handy 4506", one from VBW (Vereinigte Beckersche Werkzeugfabriken) and unnamed versions as this one with only imprint of "Made in Western Germany":

back to VW tools only:

HAZET 2587 special double-ended wrench (1969-72)
Small and thin wrench with 9 mm size on both sides. Was used for the magnetic idle jet or adjusting screw of the Solex carburettors on Type 1, 2, 3 and 4.

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

now September is coming to an end - also with HAZET finds, but nothing for VWs at my side... Crying or Very sad
but at least ancient pre-war tools and some more advertising paraphernalia. Dancing

HAZET 140 9" (~1920-1938) "Blitzzange" flash / pipe wrench
The left and right sides of the todays HAZET logo (since 1933) are still inspired of this flash wrench.

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

HAZET 2135 breast drill (1950-1988)

my current collection of restored HAZET breast drills as used in the large tool cabinet "101" (same as "100" plus 3 more tools: wheel hub puller, breast drill, oil spray can) from 1950 to 1979.
The breast drill was later available individually as "2135" from 1958 to 1988 in HAZET catalogues.
The origin of the breast drill was the Arnz FLOTT GmbH machine tools company, less than 3 km (1.8 miles) away from HAZET.
There are also other manufacturers of similar breast drills, but the details differ from those in the HAZET catalogues.
You can find FLOTT breast drills with labels from other well-known brands.
These breast drills have 2 speeds - simply swap the hand crank and fixed handle to the opposite side.
However, FLOTT is better known for its large, electric drill presses till today.

Hazet 2135 (1950-1965? or only 1958-1965)
black, approx. 420 mm (16.5") long with drill chuck, 2300 g (5 lb), fixed front handle mount isolated from the gear housing, both gear covers each with 2 hemispherical slotted screws, crank with bend and fixed with flat-head slotted screw, shoulder holder fixed with identical flat-head slotted screw on side of the rod, wooden handles glazed dark brown, knurled drill chuck.

HAZET 2135 (1969-1976)
medium grey, approx. 440 mm (17.3") long with drill chuck, 2240 g (4.9 lb), fixed front handle mount integrated in gear housing, both gear covers each with 2 rounded Phillips screws, straight crank fixed with knurled screw, shoulder holder fixed with Phillips screw on shoulder side, wooden handles glazed red, knurled drill chuck.

HAZET 2135 (1979-1988)
light green hammer finish paint, approx. 340 mm (13.3") long with drill chuck (without approx. 305 as in the catalogue), 1290 g (2.8 lb), fixed front handle mount isolated from the gear housing, both gear covers each with 2 rounded Phillips screws, straight crank fixed with nut, shoulder holder fixed, wooden handles painted opaque red and modern design, in 2 rows knurled drill chuck.

My knowledge comes only from the HAZET online catalogs and observations of classified ads.
Maybe someone knows if there was a 4th version until 1958 or if it stayed the same until 1965?
There are no classic FLOTT catalogs online to check if there are more models that may fit to HAZET catalog pictures.
Or someone has pictures of other real HAZET breast drills?

Here is a listing with my extracts from the HAZET catalogues:
(orange my real measurements)

My next post will show more VW-centric articles again... Wink

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

and again hello everyone,

and as promised more VW-centric with a rare (and expensive Embarassed ) brochure with 12 pages from past 1969 and before 1972:

HAZET
Spezial-Werkzeuge (special tools)
insbesondere für Arbeiten an Volkswagen (especially for work on Volkswagen)
Scan at my website: https://www.vw-t2-bulli.de/data/books/brochures/1970-xx-hazet-vw-ad.pdf

Only date inside: at page 10 and part 2153-1 "past Aug. 69".
Parts as 2562 included here that are in catalog of 1969 but not in 1972 anymore
or as 2522 included here that are in catalog of 1972, but not in 1969.
So I guess it's 1970/1971...

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

some more rare finds of the past weeks:

HAZET 2594 (1969-72) socket wrench for 12-point socket head screws
This 150 mm long socket wrench was only used on right-hand drive 411 models to adjust the axial play of the steering spindle.
Rare tool for rare cars that I will probably never need myself Embarassed

and some more:

HAZET 2507 (1950-72) mandrel for piston pin
This 200 mm long mandrel with a diameter of 13 mm was used to drive out and in the piston pins on Type 1, 2, 3, 48 and 122 engines. Early litte "a" version in very used condition.

HAZET 2165-1 (1963-present) - dust cap pry bar
This 400 mm long pry bar was used, among other things, to pull off the dust caps on the front axle. But also for loosening rusted parts, driving bearings and bearing shells in and out, installing and removing springs, bolts and gears. It belonged to the HAZET workshop equipment for air-cooled VWs. This one is an early litte "a" version in perfect condition.

HAZET 605-15 (1958-76) short wrench
temporarily belonged to the HAZET workshop equipment for air-cooled VW in the wrench sizes 13 and 15 mm until 1972. This is the 15 mm for now in used condition.

HAZET 814-0 (1958-1979) Phillips head screwdriver
small screwdriver and part of the HAZET workshop equipment for air-cooled VWs up to before 1972 - then replaced by an 835 with a yellow-transparent plastic handle. This is an early little "a" version in good condition.

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

I came upon this Hazet tool kit recently. I don't know much about it but looking forward to learning some more about these tools. It's a little dirty and was actually used by a VW owner especially the valve adjusting tool. I don't plan to do anything with it right now except wipe off a bit of the dust. The blow formed plastic is a little fragile but in good condition.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello,

hmmm, not sure if this set is really from Hazet?!? (and if so, than only available at Volkswagen)
see https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=302911 - it seems it was a VW accessory, not Hazet
and found it in VW accessories brochures from August 1969 to 1971 US and Germany as this:

"4. Tool KIt Ideal for minor repairs. Rectangular kit holds twelve basic tools, plus polishing and cleaning cloths. Tools are contained in a fitted plastic tray, with a second tray provided for those tools originally supplied with your VW. A similar kit is also available in a round case that fits inside the spare tire of pre-1968 VWs."

I can see the Hazet tools in it but no branding in the box - the inlay looks like Hazet boxes but without id - and no Hazet catalog containing it.
The time frame might be 1966-1975. The included 2568 valve adjustment wrench is from 1969-79. The short 814-02 ended before 1976.
The set is a small extension to the on-board tools like 500 P or 500 E but different - not a set for mechanics and workshops.
In Germany, no other company will use the VW logo unless it is expressly permitted or desired by VW. But the text inside is German only (also not typical for Hazet).

Hazet VW sets in known catalogs:
ID = German / English (time frame)
(2)500 E = Ersatzrad / spare wheel (1952-1969)
(2)500 PL or P = Plastic-Tasche / plastic roll bag (1950-1965)
(2)500 Sch = Werkzeug-Schrank / tool cabinet (1950-1952)
(2)500 WA = Werkzeug-Ausrüstung im Klappkasten / big folding tool box (1950-1965)
(2)500 T = Tafel / wall plaque (1951-1965)
(2)500 MT = Monteursatz-Tafel / mechanic wall plaque (1950-1958)
(2)500 K = Kasten / big box (1950-1965)
(2)500 M = Monteursatz in Schachtel / mechanic tool kit in cardboard box (1950-1951)
(2)500 A = Assistent Werkzeugsortiment / Assistent tool cart set (1954-1965)

In 1958 the ids changed from 500 to 2500.
In 1969 the 2500 A changed into 0-2500/84 or 0-2500/68 (small one only till 1972) different sized sets

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Great find. Thank you. I had one of the item #5 but traded it for some parts. I also have a set of the black mudflaps that will be going on a project but I don't know if they're original or reproductions.
rsbadura wrote:
Hello,

hmmm, not sure if this set is really from Hazet?!? (and if so, than only available at Volkswagen)
see https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=302911 - it seems it was a VW accessory, not Hazet
and found it in VW accessories brochures from August 1969 to 1971 US and Germany as this:

"4. Tool KIt Ideal for minor repairs. Rectangular kit holds twelve basic tools, plus polishing and cleaning cloths. Tools are contained in a fitted plastic tray, with a second tray provided for those tools originally supplied with your VW. A similar kit is also available in a round case that fits inside the spare tire of pre-1968 VWs."

I can see the Hazet tools in it but no branding in the box - the inlay looks like Hazet boxes but without id - and no Hazet catalog containing it.
The time frame might be 1966-1975. The included 2568 valve adjustment wrench is from 1969-79. The short 814-02 ended before 1976.
The set is a small extension to the on-board tools like 500 P or 500 E but different - not a set for mechanics and workshops.
In Germany, no other company will use the VW logo unless it is expressly permitted or desired by VW. But the text inside is German only (also not typical for Hazet).

Hazet VW sets in known catalogs:
ID = German / English (time frame)
(2)500 E = Ersatzrad / spare wheel (1952-1969)
(2)500 PL or P = Plastic-Tasche / plastic roll bag (1950-1965)
(2)500 Sch = Werkzeug-Schrank / tool cabinet (1950-1952)
(2)500 WA = Werkzeug-Ausrüstung im Klappkasten / big folding tool box (1950-1965)
(2)500 T = Tafel / wall plaque (1951-1965)
(2)500 MT = Monteursatz-Tafel / mechanic wall plaque (1950-1958)
(2)500 K = Kasten / big box (1950-1965)
(2)500 M = Monteursatz in Schachtel / mechanic tool kit in cardboard box (1950-1951)
(2)500 A = Assistent Werkzeugsortiment / Assistent tool cart set (1954-1965)

In 1958 the ids changed from 500 to 2500.
In 1969 the 2500 A changed into 0-2500/84 or 0-2500/68 (small one only till 1972) different sized sets

regards,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lasslo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

My new Hazet 715.
Fits fine in the toolcabinet Cool

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

HAZET 4507-1 (1976-2000) adjustment gauge
These gauges from 2 up to 5 mm were used to measure and set the throttle and choke gaps on carburetors and are part of the VW set 4500/10.
There was a smaller/earlier one too called only "4507" from 0.2 up to 3.1 mm I'm still searching... to complete my 4500/9 VW set, but difficult to find Sad

And a start collecting of HAZET tool cabinet (as the "101") oil cans... as this
HAZET 2160 (1950-1958) oil can
In 1963 it changed to a plastic version. Before it was this small 150ml "1 Spezial PS PESSOL" pre-war design from German company Pressol (founded 1914, still exists, still sell oil cans to HAZET) with soldered tin and brass and without plastic parts like later versions.

Im not sure, but in the catalogs with first pictures of it in '52 and '54 the first oil cans looks different to the Pressol without side filler neck.
So this could be another like this pre-war German "Triumph S 92" made of die cast and brass - I'm still researching...

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

old logo as 3D for printing by hz-martin (posted in German tool forum)
https://www.tinkercad.com/things/0UEuXHFuv6U
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5896659

I'm still working on the restoration of the 1954 160 Assistent tool cart...lots of work Embarassed but I'm still collecting... Wink

regards,
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Tools w/photos Reply with quote

NOS?

Come on Ted. Those middle sockets show some use their buddy. Laughing

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2513161

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Jump to:
Page 35 of 37

Jump to: