Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

repop sliding door
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckpolzin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: repop sliding door Reply with quote

Hey guys,

wondering if anybody out there makes a complete sheet metal sliding door for the late bay window?

I see there is a site called mamotorworks and they show a full outer skin but they have pictures of a primered up sliding door assembly and it looks like the full sheet metal deal including the inner supports etc?

Anybody out there making a quality repop sliding door for a bay window ?

can anyone confirm a site like this that its the full door or whats up with that picture?

thanks.

https://www.mamotorworks.com/vw/product/vw-1973-19...tal-327541
toddb_67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: repop sliding door Reply with quote

That product indicates that it is a " OE Quality Sliding Door Outer Skin" which would tell me that it is the outer sheet metal skin only. I don't think there is anyone out there making whole slider doors but I could be wrong.
Are you missing your door completely? There are donor parts out there still depending on what area of the world you are in.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=714683
1974 Karmann Ghia- current project, 1967cc engine. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=775207
“I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me.” - Dudley Field Malone
chuckpolzin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: repop sliding door Reply with quote

im in the rust belt midwest usa,

there is likely no take off door around here that would be better than what i have,

my issue is the inside of the lower door is pretty rusted, somebody put an outer skin on but the inside lower is basically gone, i need to repair that or replace it
dodger tom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: repop sliding door Reply with quote

chuckpolzin wrote:
im in the rust belt midwest usa

you might try derrick and barb at way out salvage. they're about 600 miles or so away. freight might not be too bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: