Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

George Karacostas - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: george4888
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
mhisel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

George made the purchase of two dash panels a very easy transaction. He was quick to reply, provided very descriptive responses and shared recommendations based on his perspective (difficult to see everything online in a picture). I am very pleased with the transaction and George was very transparent with his products. I can't wait to get my purchases in the mail. I would do business again.
2ndsuper beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

George, once again, is perfect........he sells great vw stuff at very fair prices and ships very fast!! I wish his shop was in Atlanta!!! highly recommended!!.....thanks George!
Dunnsbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

George is a great person to deal with. Ordered a 2 barrel intake from him and was shipped same day. Thanks George. Build that trailer and see the US.

Thanks again Brian
2ndsuper beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

Again, george sent great parts at a fair price, and shipped virtually overnite to me.....5 star samba seller, again!!!
TN Treasure
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great Person To Do Business With! Thanks Again To Big TX Mr. George
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hopkin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a mexican Beetle speedometer from George, great communication, fast shipping, good seller!
1972 914 (past)
1991 Honda Civic (Original Owner)
1996 'Open Air' Mexican Beetle (current)
2015 Golf (current)
2017 Dune Edition (daughter's car)
Viking Funeral
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'm not sure how George can afford to do business with us Samba people because he doesn't charge enough Very Happy
After shipping my part via Priority Mail he only made about $3, which might mean he's motivated by the same laid back helpful attitude as the VW guru John Muir. (This sure ain't cutthroat capitalism.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
orange914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: George Ka 10 plusracostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

WOW! I'm still in a bit of a shock.
Out of the blue I get an email from this guy I dont know from Adam. Never done business with him and at this time that's a good thing. Somehow I must've triggered early dementia or something. I'll post the email below. It's actually kinda funny as he winds up at the end.

First a little background. I'm involved in getting a little 83 mk1 pickup I've owned for a decade + back on a modern freeway safely. I'm looking to convert a fresh professionaly built originally equipped n/a 1.6d with a mild k14. Just looking for a mild hp bump... you know like VW did with the o.e. td1.6 and td 1.9 in the mk1/2's

Here's my letter of love out of the blue from this guy.??? WTF? He refers to ME being on bad drugs.???
‐-‐-----------‐----------------------------z
Hi, I did research on you at the samba web site. My conclusion is that you have no idea
what you are doing. You cannot put any size turbo on the weak 1.6L Rabbit engine which
they used in the pickup truck. Most of the pickup trucks had a diesel engine and again,
what you are dreaming about will never work. The transmission will not allow use
of more horsepower than the stock gasoline or diesel engine had.

I used to work on the water-cooled engines, and some were in the rare-to-find pickup truck.
The towing ability was only 1,000 pounds. That tells you how weak the suspension and
transmission was from the factory.

I suggest you get therapy help to get off of the bad drugs you are on and/or read more about
why the turbo will not work on your pickup truck. You really need to get mental help.

Have a good day. ----From: George Karacostas---

---------------------------
My response:
Wow what the fuck? I'm certainly glad you showed your colors before getting mixed up with you.
Have a cheerful day egg head
------------------------------------
It is what it is
I'll go on with my day
VolkzBitz Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

What a pleasure to work with!!!! We did a deal and George communicated every step through to the end. Some great stories along the way. Thanks George!

Der Vergaser Meister
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: George Ka 10 plusracostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

orange914 wrote:
WOW! I'm still in a bit of a shock.
Out of the blue I get an email from this guy I dont know from Adam. Never done business with him and at this time that's a good thing. Somehow I must've triggered early dementia or something. I'll post the email below. It's actually kinda funny as he winds up at the end.

First a little background. I'm involved in getting a little 83 mk1 pickup I've owned for a decade + back on a modern freeway safely. I'm looking to convert a fresh professionaly built originally equipped n/a 1.6d with a mild k14. Just looking for a mild hp bump... you know like VW did with the o.e. td1.6 and td 1.9 in the mk1/2's

Here's my letter of love out of the blue from this guy.??? WTF? He refers to ME being on bad drugs.???
‐-‐-----------‐----------------------------z
Hi, I did research on you at the samba web site. My conclusion is that you have no idea
what you are doing. You cannot put any size turbo on the weak 1.6L Rabbit engine which
they used in the pickup truck. Most of the pickup trucks had a diesel engine and again,
what you are dreaming about will never work. The transmission will not allow use
of more horsepower than the stock gasoline or diesel engine had.

I used to work on the water-cooled engines, and some were in the rare-to-find pickup truck.
The towing ability was only 1,000 pounds. That tells you how weak the suspension and
transmission was from the factory.

I suggest you get therapy help to get off of the bad drugs you are on and/or read more about
why the turbo will not work on your pickup truck. You really need to get mental help.

Have a good day. ----From: George Karacostas---

---------------------------
My response:
Wow what the fuck? I'm certainly glad you showed your colors before getting mixed up with you.
Have a cheerful day egg head
------------------------------------
It is what it is
I'll go on with my day

Do you know people can spoof emails and their apparent addresses?
orange914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sure, I suppose its possible.
But seems he would respond to the callout
‐----------
ssS!
harrymarlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a reverse light for my 67 Beetle from George, and the transaction went smoothly - he even refunded an overpayment I made. When I received it, the revere light was well packaged and looked as expected. I would definitely work with George again!
ISO Albuquerque "Imported Motors" dealership paraphernalia
lekrz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: George Karacostas - [email protected] Reply with quote

George is one great guy to deal with, he even includes extra parts. I couldn't be happier with dealing with George and would purchase from again. Thanks George.

Larry Ziman
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: