Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone going to Lime Rock?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:53 am    Post subject: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

The boy and are headed there for the first time this Labour Day.
Will be meeting up with Grandpa and his friend Ned in his remodled fifties greyhound camper bus.

Hope to see some cool vintage racing.

Not a greyhound

Its a Fxable bus

Will post pics

Last edited by calvinater on Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

Vintage racing never disappoints.
This vintage poster is probably as close as I'll ever get to Lime Rock however.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

Never been there. I would love to. Vintage racing is great. I am fortunate to live in close driving distance from Sebring and Daytona, and have raced my 73’Super at both tracks. I Love running at Sebring. Probably my favorite track.
If you get the opportunity , go watch The Classic 24 at Daytona. Vintage cars from all over the world racing in 1-Hour sessions for 24 Hours. Walking through the garage areas and seeing the cars up close is awesome.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

Vintage racing at Limerock, seeing some big HP car pass on the straight then get passed by a nimbler smaller HP car on the big bend is lots of entertainment. They race hard, no matter what the vintage. Walking around checking out the cars, stuff for sale (NiB Yugo floor mats were the best of bizarre when I was there), and the vibe is easy going.

I believe Sunday is a no race day to let the neighbors have some peace and quiet.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

I love watching them on tv, totally beat on the cars at Goodwood.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

If you ever get a chance to go to The 12 Hours of Sebring, Do it!
You can walk to most parts of the track for viewing, Great racing, and the entire place is a party. Some of the campsites are set up a week before the race, and some of the same people have been setting up in the same spots since the 1960's.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

The only thing i can say is, wow!

Where else can you see a Bugati racing against an Austin against a formula ford!!?!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

Next years plans in works.
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
The only thing i can say is, wow!

Where else can you see a Bugati racing against an Austin against a formula ford!!?!

Right?
Guy i know restores/collects Porsches, has done track days at Limerock, and someone asked him to drive their car at Limerock. He said on the first lap he was terrified of fucking the car up and after that it was all about trying to win.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

Link

Samba member Trylon. His video of him driving his 59 Ghia
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

tickets bought for this years event

reserved a golf cart for grandpa. ( 83)
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

Say hello to Skippy from us (i think he sold on in 2021 if I remember right)
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

My son bought me 8 laps in an exotic car at Lime Rock for a father's day gift this year. Happening next week.

He was SO excited to get me a "bucket list" gift.

Sadly, my brain cancer has progressed to the point where this will not be possible for me. I have not shared the news with him yet that I have contacted the facility and he will be taking my place.

I know he will be disappointed, but I just haven't had the strength yet to tell him that dear old dad is just not capable anymore.

I WILL have the time of my life watching him do the laps. And the company that sponsors these drives has been first rate.

Would have been nice to take a few hot laps but, like I said...I will find GREAT joy in watching him.

Been to Lime Rock in the past to watch some vintage racing....what a great place to spend the day. Gonna be a great day for me and hopefully a memory one filled one for him.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

can you go as a passenger?

So sorry to of your affliction.

if you make it this year look for the Flixable bus near the skid pad. space 14.
all. are welcome to come visit.

god speed
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

Its an exotic car (Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche) with a "driver (my son) " and then the "co-pilot" who directs you around the track calling out the turns and the shift points. WAY to much data for my poor radiated and chemo'd brain to take in and process quickly enough to be safe to the car, the co-pilot" and others on the track.

Oh...and I WILL make it...its the 5th of Aug. Its all booked and there are no refunds (not a problem) so I called, explained the situation, and switched it all over to my son. Kinda cheezy giving him the gift he gave me back but I hope he understands. I know he will...but I an not a fan of disappointing people

Like I said.....its all about creating memories for my family right now. And this will be a great one for me for the short time I have left and hopefully a good one for him to carry for a LOT longer.

And thank you for the invite. Very Happy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

That's a bummer you can't do it yourself but I think seeing him do it, living vicariously through him, and spending the day with him will be very enjoyable too.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

Labour day weekend. Flixable bus at site 14, Boy and I tent camping at site 67 across the road.

Hope to post some cool photos, any one know of a good hosting site to link photos to TS?

Can't put a vw toy in every picture. Very Happy
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

note to selph

proof read posts before submitting!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:
Its an exotic car (Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, Porsche) with a "driver (my son) " and then the "co-pilot" who directs you around the track calling out the turns and the shift points. WAY to much data for my poor radiated and chemo'd brain to take in and process quickly enough to be safe to the car, the co-pilot" and others on the track.

Oh...and I WILL make it...its the 5th of Aug. Its all booked and there are no refunds (not a problem) so I called, explained the situation, and switched it all over to my son. Kinda cheezy giving him the gift he gave me back but I hope he understands. I know he will...but I an not a fan of disappointing people

Like I said.....its all about creating memories for my family right now. And this will be a great one for me for the short time I have left and hopefully a good one for him to carry for a LOT longer.

And thank you for the invite. Very Happy

get him a gopro camera
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone going to Lime Rock? Reply with quote

imgur is ok for non vw photos and you can sign in using farcebook, twitter (X), apple, google or yahoo accounts

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: