Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My fan pulley big bolt came loose might have play at wood-ruff!!
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewvwclassic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:12 pm    Post subject: My fan pulley big bolt came loose might have play at wood-ruff!! Reply with quote

I drove a few miles with the bolt in loosened position before noticing. I can't remember if the pulley was sloppy before but I can jiggle it side to side against the sides of the key. I believe this would effect timing because it should be centered right? What should I do replace the darn pulley and key or just tighten the bolt back up and not play with timing for as long as possible, until I can get a new one.
andrewvwclassic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: My fan pulley big bolt came loose might have play at wood-ruff!! Reply with quote

I took off the pulley and the dowel pin is still in tact. I flipped it around and it seems a little better it only moves 2 or 3 degrees now. So I guess I will be ok. I torqued it back down to 100 pounds foot I hope that it does not walk off again. Fingers crossed. I don't mind doing the work while I'm waiting for the Pertronix to get in the mail. I am so done with trying to find 50 dwell with a feeler gauge set. Uhrg.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: