Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips?
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cantdrv55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Like changing oil, tranny, bleed brakes, tune up, etc. thanks.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

I haven’t really found any one channel that is the be all end all.
I will say that I really enjoy The EZGZ.
https://m.youtube.com/user/TheEZGZ
He’s a true enthusiast in his garage just like most of us.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cantdrv55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Thanks. I will check that one out. I found Slade VW last yesterday. He's pretty good too.
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Slade is good because he has years of experience, and Heidi and Franny is good (because she errs on the side of caution with a lot of things even though she seems less experienced).

Also, obviously, the samba forums has so much info out there it's ridiculous.
Tom K.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Or pay a small fee and get the Bug Me videos, which are excellent.
'65 Ghia: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=762478&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cantdrv55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Where do I buy the bug me videos?
cantdrv55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Nvm. I just googled it
AirKooledINC.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Airkooled MotorWerks has a good selection to choose from.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiWAMfqW7h_9VZRQiN03LGA
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cantdrv55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Thanks. I just subscribed.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

You checked all these, right?:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=672517
Then use whatever fits your needs!
cantdrv55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Sheet! No, I have not checked these. That’s what I get for being lazy and not using the search function. Thanks for the link!
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

cantdrv55 wrote:
Sheet! No, I have not checked these. That’s what I get for being lazy and not using the search function. Thanks for the link!

It's the first sticky at the top of that forum. Hiding in plain sight!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
cantdrv55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Who looks at stickies? Lol
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

I tend to hop around a bit. Each site seems to have it's share of old wives tales and personal unproven biases.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Mustie1 has lots of good VW content and is fun to watch
Tom K.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Mustie1 has lots of good VW content and is fun to watch

I love Mustie1. The only problem is that you start watching his videos, lose yourself, and then hours later the sun is rising and you've ruined your next day, haha.
'65 Ghia: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=762478&highlight=
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

MikeFN on YouTube has a TON of great stuff. But he also has a ton of content so it takes time to weed through. VW Darren also has some great info on general rebuild practices. His channel has been around forever, so you need to weed through as well. And then there's always 5150mxVW...if you want to see cars pushed around. JK HaHa, I love his channel. EXGZ and Slade are great also. I like Mustie1, but his VW content is seriously lacking lately...WAY too many will it runs on small crap equipment
Stockholm VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

Check out Heidi and Frannie’s Garage. Frannie explains and shows procedures in an easy to understand way.

Here’s a good example.
https://youtu.be/RJyypWxF3f4
cantdrv55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Which YouTube channel (s) is best for general maintenance tips? Reply with quote

I’ve watched those ladies’ channel since I had my 911. Love their content.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: