Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BAT Buses
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Before looked like a decent original paint Bus, argggg

Before had a chrome rear pointy bumper.
I wonder what happened to that.

The before pic looks very familiar. There was a thread or mention of it on the “today in bus hunting” thread. I think the bus was found in storage in New Jersey or somewhere on the eastern seaboard.
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

MrPolak wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:
Quote:
The front door window frames have been modified to allow for the removal of the windows

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Translation - we lost the fixings / can't be arsed to take the door cards back off to fit the frames properly. Good luck when the glass falls out while you're driving.

I do like the elbow rests. It adds a new dimension to driving the bus. The floor ventilation, not so much. Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sold for $19000
Coming to you from God’s Own Time Zone: Central Time…up near the Illinois/Minnesota border. ** Note I am currently (mostly) INACTIVE in the bus community due to temporary life changes. My price tracking from 2016 to 2021 is now over and data stored offline **
"Cows at the border of the Dairy State and the Land of Lincoln are remarkably honest."
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I have some questions about this one. The certificate that has been presented talks about “twin reversing lights”. On a ‘65? Also describes the walk thru front seats with the spare tire behind the front seats. What? Yeah, the before photo shows ‘67 type rear bumpers and wheels. I really question that certificate of authenticity. Also, the photos of the supposed original engine has a “H” prefix. Thought that was late ‘66 and on.

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Pepperbilly wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I have some questions about this one. The certificate that has been presented talks about “twin reversing lights”. On a ‘65? Also describes the walk thru front seats with the spare tire behind the front seats. What? Yeah, the before photo shows ‘67 type rear bumpers and wheels. I really question that certificate of authenticity. Also, the photos of the supposed original engine has a “H” prefix. Thought that was late ‘66 and on.

If reverse lights were listed on the birth certificate that can be ignored as VW often lists everything that could be included in the "bulk" options code, which often has those listed as they were included in late '67s. They don't leave it off for earlier Buses.

65s often had mixed bumpers with a pointy rear and a slash front so those chrome ones might have been the originals, although chromed.

Yes, H engines appear to be 66-67 from the Engine # listing in the site. All 66s.

I don't understand their M081 listing below with the spare behind the front seat, that is a mistake.

The certificate he posted

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Yes, H engines appear to be 66-67 from the Engine # listing in the site. All 66s.

I think that's an H5 case from a 1969 beetle.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

FarmerBill wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I think that's an H5 case from a 1969 beetle.

I looked at the build pictures. That bus was rough. He had to do a tall long rocker, complete cargo floors etc. It had been repainted at least below the belt line. The work looked pretty good and the end result is a very nice driver level bus.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

that certificate looks phony compared to ones I have received and others I've seen. it could be newer or older than I'm used to, but that looks like crap
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
that certificate looks phony compared to ones I have received and others I've seen. it could be newer or older than I'm used to, but that looks like crap

I second that. Something’s fishy here. Why would you present something with so many mistakes? Really, if it were my bus I wouldn’t bother. Also, there are some panel fits and door gaps that appear not so good. If the hours they claim on restoring this bus are legit, many things should fit better.

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Pepperbilly wrote:
Erik G wrote:

I second that. Something’s fishy here. Why would you present something with so many mistakes? Really, if it were my bus I wouldn’t bother. Also, there are some panel fits and door gaps that appear not so good. If the hours they claim on restoring this bus are legit, many things should fit better.

Bill

The certificate is real, the one shown above is only one page. It is now a three page document and if you go back to the auction all three pages are shown on pages 300, 301 and 302 of the photos.
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

Latest double cab on BAT is https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-volkswagen-double-cab-4/#comments-anchor
Coming to you from God’s Own Time Zone: Central Time…up near the Illinois/Minnesota border. ** Note I am currently (mostly) INACTIVE in the bus community due to temporary life changes. My price tracking from 2016 to 2021 is now over and data stored offline **
"Cows at the border of the Dairy State and the Land of Lincoln are remarkably honest."
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

otherbeach wrote:
Latest double cab on BAT is https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-volkswagen-double-cab-4/#comments-anchor

That turd is bent. It’s back is arched like a frightened cat.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

A chill just ran down my spine.
Make that my twisted spine. Very Happy

I looked at all the pics and it looks shiny and generally looks ok underneath but I get a really bad feeling it's a POS

The front seat really bugs me too

Is this a flat back seat? LOL

I just noticed there's no heater knob in this photo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I looked at all the pics and it looks shiny and generally looks ok underneath but I get a really bad feeling it's a POS

I like to read what TheSamba members say on BAT comments. One knowledgeable member noted there is no heater tube and some funky year issue (is it maybe a ‘69) ? Another member has made his usual insightful observations.

Last edited by otherbeach on Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-volkswagen-bus-32/

Sold $152,013
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

But it's shiny, and red, and did I mention it was shiny? Smile

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

See also here: https://www.combikombi.com/volkswagen-t1-double-cab-brazil-1962-ref-c705/

It does look wonky. There does not seem to be a straight line on this thing.

Also, the headlight lenses are from a Beetle, so wrong orientation of beam.
nlorntson
Crazy VW Lady

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

From BJ Scottsdale:

"This 1962 Volkswagen double-cab bus has been rotisserie-restored by the talented craftsman at Overland Imports with a Resto-Mod feel and features. This bus was originally built by VW in Germany for the export market and was imported by Volkswagen of Brazil when new. During that period the Brazilian market did not offer a domestically produced double-cab truck version. The bus is powered by the original 1200cc Flat-4 engine, which has been bored and stroked to a 1,700cc with dimensioned ceramic-coated aftermarket exhaust system and mated to a 4-speed manual transmission. Finished in a red exterior with deluxe exterior trim, color matched roof rack, and a white vinyl and waxed canvas interior with tan carpet. The bus has been slightly lowered and sits on factory 15-inch color-matched two-tone wheels wrapped in brand-new Continental Vanco four-season tires. Stopping power comes from upgraded front disc brakes and factory rear drums. The tailgate and both bed sides can be lowered for access on all three sides of the truck."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ohio_Style
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

MrPolak wrote:
See also here: https://www.combikombi.com/volkswagen-t1-double-cab-brazil-1962-ref-c705/

It does look wonky. There does not seem to be a straight line on this thing.

Also, the headlight lenses are from a Beetle, so wrong orientation of beam.

I made that mistake the last time I had the headlights out of my truck, I mixed them up with some bug lights I had sitting around and didn't notice until I stayed out late one night, twas a rough drive

Slammed Thing
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9278729#9278729
Lifted Split Bus Build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=738403
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otherbeach
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1962-volkswagen-double-cab-4/

Sold $58,500.

I dont think most people care but there is a Brazil single cab active now https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-volkswagen-bus-16/
bobrk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: BAT Buses Reply with quote

otherbeach wrote:
I dont think most people care but there is a Brazil single cab active now https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-volkswagen-bus-16/

Yeah, following that one too. There aren't very many comments so far, nothing like the shit show on the double cab.

Surprised it's backdated to '58ish.

1500 single port | 1963 small nut/big brake transaxle | CSP Disc Brakes | dual circuit m/c | Deutsch Polster seats
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Jump to:
Page 34 of 48

Jump to: