Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
This post is more about my dogs but the campsite is pretty amazing too. Paint Creek campground Cherokee National Forest Tennessee. Right at one hour from the house, creek side camping private quiet cheap, great mountain biking, hiking, and swimming from the campsite.

A photographer I am not.

First pic is the greatest dog ever. He’s 16 and can still go for hour long hikes and camp all weekend, deaf as a stump. In his prime, 30 mile mountain bike rides, surfing, and more personality than most people.

Second dog is a “ younger” 10. Not an athlete more of an emo dog. Guards and loves us more than anything she’s a furry mess. She loves this campground more than almost anywhere else one of the hikes we do is along the creek for miles and she can water buffalo it her favorite.

Also falling more and more for the EVC. In every way other than bed set-up/ comfort better than our vanagon was. So much storage so much fun to drive! And she has a name now, “Marzivan.”

Nice to see your pups. Glad to see the older one still out having a good time. Chuckled at the "emo dog" comment. Imagined her with big headphones, rocking out to Matchbook Romance.

Glad you are getting out and enjoying your van.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

I just did 3 nights in the van in the eastern sierra. I meet up with a buddy to do some back country skiing and used the van as our base camp. Weather was iffy so nice to have my house on wheels. Had my summer wheels/tires on with the wider offset. Noticeable increase in corner stability. The Norcold fridge worked like a champ. I was very careful to keep it cold with propane and switch to DC when driving. On the way home I even stopped at Costco and brought home some frozen food. Fridge read 31 degrees. I realize though that I did not take a single picture of the van. Oh well. This is the best pic from the trip.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

shirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Is that the Ronimal there in the pic? If that's Ron we have mutual friends in California.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

shirk wrote:
Is that the Ronimal there in the pic? If that's Ron we have mutual friends in California.

Nope. That is my buddy Ralf from Southern Cal.
shirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

He looks a lot like a buddy of mine from Folsom CA.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

shirk wrote:
He looks a lot like a buddy of mine from Folsom CA.

Prison?
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Heading back on the Kingston Ferry. Spent the Weekend on Rialto beach, on the Olympic Peninsula.

Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RiversToTheSea
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Joshwa wrote:
Heading back on the Kingston Ferry. Spent the Weekend on Rialto beach, on the Olympic Peninsula.

Nice. I live in the PNW and will likely take my van on one of the ferries at some point. Which fare class does the Eurovan fit in?

Vehicles under 22' w/ driver ?

or

Vehicles under 30' over 7'2"?

There's a big price jump based on the height exceeding 7'2" and I have a pop-top Eurovan that's 7'6".
VAEV1993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Leaving the campground over the low water bridge at Wilson Creek after a weekend at Douthat State Park here in VA.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joshwa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

RiversToTheSea wrote:
Joshwa wrote:

Nice. I live in the PNW and will likely take my van on one of the ferries at some point. Which fare class does the Eurovan fit in?

Vehicles under 22' w/ driver ?

or

Vehicles under 30' over 7'2"?

There's a big price jump based on the height exceeding 7'2" and I have a pop-top Eurovan that's 7'6".

I paid the fare for Vehicles under 22' w/ driver. I measure 6’7” without any racks. My racks only sit 4” off the top of the van as well. If I put anything on the racks, I would probably get into the larger size price.
Late model cabin air filter on 93
Euro spec bumper install on 93
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Amazing few days this this past weekend with Marzivan.

Volunteering at the Pisgah Enduro in Old Fort, NC, which starts at a summer camp complete with cabins/bunkhouses. Here's the campsite, nobody else using the bathroom in the bunkhouse behind that door.

Volunteer duty was running a rest area, here's the aftermath from the first day- it's not a campervan, it's a work van!

Each day after the last rider came through the rest area, I did a great mountain bike ride myself. Here's just a random view photo- a few of the "Seven Sisters," a ridge of peaks climbing towards Mount Mitchell (tallest point in United States east of the Mississippi).

Despite the contrary evidence above, I am not much of a photo taker, so I'll use words to try and explain how great the venue is. There's a full size pool with a deep end and diving boards. A lake with canoes and ziplines. Basically, summer camp for adults- and they don't mind the adults having adult fun, at all.

I also can't say enough about the van. About 350 pounds of water, plus a lot of other rest area gear, didn't even notice it. On the way home, 55 mph up the Old Fort grade on I-40 without missing a beat. Loving it!
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

02Berry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Still testing the systems. Camping out at Bowl & Pitcher campground, Riverside State Park, Spokane. Oh, so quiet.

1961tbird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Camping Oceanside on the island of St Pierre. Took ferry from Newfoundland. St Pierre is part of France so we needed to bring our passports.

bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Apparently, size does matter to some!
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Elephant Rock Buena Vista, CO
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Took the van up the northern Cal coast.

PaprikaWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Porteau Cove BC

bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

Lakes Basin, CA. 6 days off the grid!

Found the exhaust leak:

JB Weld to get home:

Will order new exhaust on Tuesday.

Also, annoying front end shake during last two hours of the drive back home. Either CV joints or front wheel bearings. Or bushings.
191k miles, so time to fix something (else). Still will cost orders of magnitude less than buying a Sprinter as replacement van…
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan photos out enjoying adventures: post your pic here! Reply with quote

bikes! wrote:
Lakes Basin, CA. 6 days off the grid!

Found the exhaust leak:

JB Weld to get home:

Will order new exhaust on Tuesday.

Also, annoying front end shake during last two hours of the drive back home. Either CV joints or front wheel bearings. Or bushings.
191k miles, so time to fix something (else). Still will cost orders of magnitude less than buying a Sprinter as replacement van…

Could be the wheel is just off balanced. Balance weights fall off. Tire wears and get lighter changing the balance. Not saying you should inspect those other items.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: