Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thomas Polk Scammer Beware
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject: Thomas Polk Scammer Beware Reply with quote

Sent 420.00 to this guy’s “wife” venmo and now after two weeks nothing.
Trying to open a dispute w Venmo but that’s a losing battle.
So Thomas or Kristina Polk or mabey Tolk???

Beware. Q: Anyone else had dealings with them ? Yes I’m an idiot.

He contacted me by phone from my WTB ghia seat frames ad So I don’t have his user name etc. Just a phone number with a full mail box. Again no tracking numbers as promised and package was suppose to be here more than two weeks ago.

Sent 250 for frames and the rest was for shipping.

Really thought they were for real. but again I’m an idiott
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Thomas Polk Scammer Beware Reply with quote

He texted you on a WTB ad on the site?

I'm 99.9999% sure that's a scammer.

What's the phone # used?

I want to see if it's in the scammer phone # listing in the scam thread on the site
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Thomas Polk Scammer Beware Reply with quote

OP, I am sorry you got bit. You might consider adding the phone number to this thread so it would show up on google searches.

Everett, have you considered having a way to keep phone numbers hidden unless you are a verified user?

Maybe a certain length of time since you signed up or by jumping through a few hoops like starting your own feedback thread or contributing to the site another way?

I’ve actually gotten a few legitimate texts from the site recently but for the most part it is mainly scammers. They are pretty easy to sus out in my opinion, and I have gotten a bunch from wanted ads in the past. I usually just ask them to log in to the site and send me an email through my wanted ad.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Thomas Polk Scammer Beware Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
Everett, have you considered having a way to keep phone numbers hidden unless you are a verified user?

Maybe a certain length of time since you signed up or by jumping through a few hoops like starting your own feedback thread or contributing to the site another way?

I could change it so only logged in users can see the phone #s

I will think about that as it may be necessary to cut down on the scammers.

The phone #s are "hidden" right now which works for bots grabbing them but since the scammers are actual people they can just click to show it.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: