Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Tolbert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Got a text from this number today 3035699728
1965 Notchback S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
YEOPANEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

(769) 206-6791

this number texted me stating they had some parts, used my exact wording for parts, and a photo from a thread from 2010 to show a part. fortunately i read that thread and recognized the photo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Thanks, I will add those number(s) to the list on the site
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark Boss
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Hi, this is actually my first post on thesamba. I have a WTB ad up for a PYHI deck plate/access cover.

On 3/5/21 I received a text message from "John" from area code (769) 206-6791. "John" stated that he had a PYHI deck plate to sell me. I asked him to send me pictures and price - still waiting. But I'm glad I Googled his phone number because that brought up this post.

Unfortunately, I was duped by another individual "Larry" from (720) 710-4662 who on October 27, 2020, also told me he had a PYHI deck plate to sell me. "Larry" also used the number (510) 369-2469 so folks should be aware of this number also.

I sent him $100.00 through PayPal but of course never got the plate. He actually contacted me again using the same number and the crackhead tried to sell me another fictional deck plate.

I'm glad I found this post before I fell prey to "John". I'm leaving this post so no one falls prey to either "Larry" or "John.

Take care my friends. Mark
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Thanks, I made sure all of those numbers are in my big scammer phone # list on the site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnnyniceguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Received text today 719 224 2387 in regards to an old ad I had placed.
Googled the number and it instantly showed up on Everett's text scam list.
Thank you TheSamba for maintaining this list.

Johnnyniceguy
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

I received a text by email yesterday from a scammer, [email protected]
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Thank you.

Obviously I can't block text but I will make sure that email address is banned so they can't use through the ad contact screen.
juancarloscisneros230
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Had a recent inquiry for the purchase of my bus listed for sale, received texts and emails from a +1 (205) 632-0185 # they were unwilling to verify and asked supplying private shipping companies and cashier checks being mailed to me for purchase etc. Went by the name of Woodrell Robert Nolan!?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

I don't recognize that name or phone # but it 100% sounds like a scammer from what you described.

If you need further verification or want me to see the emails, feel free to forward the email chain.
My email address is in my signature below
socalrunner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

juancarloscisneros230 wrote:
Had a recent inquiry for the purchase of my bus listed for sale, received texts and emails from a +1 (205) 632-0185 # they were unwilling to verify and asked supplying private shipping companies and cashier checks being mailed to me for purchase etc. Went by the name of Woodrell Robert Nolan!?

I had the same type text this am from [email protected].
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

socalrunner wrote:
juancarloscisneros230 wrote:

I had the same type text this am from [email protected].

Thanks, I will ban that email from contacting sellers in case they try to use it in the classifieds directly instead of texting.
ATP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

YEOPANEL wrote:
(769) 206-6791

this number texted me stating they had some parts, used my exact wording for parts, and a photo from a thread from 2010 to show a part. fortunately i read that thread and recognized the photo

Same story here. My exact wording like they copy pasted out of my ad, introduced themselves as "a TheSamba member", kept pressing for cashapp or venmo with the promise of pictures later. Number is (248) 845-8765.

When asked WHICH samba member they are they told me a member who has been offline for 8 months and has 1 post in 8 years. I shot that user a PM to verify and told the texter to check their PM's and no surprise, they claimed they didn't get one (user still hasn't logged in, no surprise) and started getting snarky.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Thank you, I added that phone # to the scammer phone # listing here

The "I'm a Samba member" is sort of a red flag.
In my experience regular people don't say that.
HankMauel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Just put that phone # 245-845-8765 in my Block Caller list. He responded to my WTB ad for Alpine blue running board covers via text. Did send me a photo of darker blue covers but the photo had no 'source' data available...and you could tell it was a professional photo used somewhere on the web. Was unable to search for it's source via google. So...he's still at work as of 8-19-2023.
Went by the name Patrick Omara <[email protected] when he sent the photo to my gmail account.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Thanks, I will make sure that number is in the list.

That email is a known (by me) scammer that is currently active and the email is blocked.
McFunzeepants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

I have a 'WTB' ad for a '68 Ghia rear bumper-'Patrick Omara <[email protected]>' contacted me and told me he had a nice set of '68 bumpers - they looked great, but wrong year - he insisted they were correct -'I sell vw parts and I know what you are looking for' he said.
He wanted $500. for it, which was really cheap for a bumper with great chrome and no dents/scratches.
-and he was pressuring me to buy: 'so let discuss price and shipping'.
Upon closer look, the bumpers were from an earlier ghia. I asked for more pictures and he sent me some more from the same photo shoot- then argued that they were from a '68 even after offering some references to the contrary.

When I searched for feedback on him, I found this thread. He may be legit, but he acts shady.

Correction, HE IS A Scammer!
I just did a 'photo' search and he was sending me pictures from Ebay.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Yes, this person is a known scammer.

If he was using a different phone # than what was listed above, please let me know, here in the Forums or via direct contact so I can add it to scammer phone # listing on the site.
otiswesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Yes, this person is a known scammer.

If he was using a different phone # than what was listed above, please let me know, here in the Forums or via direct contact so I can add it to scammer phone # listing on the site.

Got hit up by this guy on my WTB ad for a Syncro gas cap. Only takes friends and family payments.

Patrick Omara

Paypal account [email protected]

email [email protected]

Just a regular guy
McFunzeepants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: FAKE texts pretending to be from Everett Barnes/TheSamba.com Reply with quote

Patrick Omara texted me today and asked if I still wanted the bumper.
So I told him I would send him a check and he gave me this address:

Patrick OMara
**** West Beth Park Drive
West Valley City, Utah 84120

Last edited by McFunzeepants on Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: