Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Third Brake light for B Cab
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:47 am    Post subject: Third Brake light for B Cab Reply with quote

Did a search but see the latest post is over 10 yrs old.
Have CU layer LED taillights and love them. Looking for advice on third brake light under the twin engine grills. See Stoddard has them.
Anyone tried them out or alternatives?
Thanks, Slip
janerick3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Third Brake light for B Cab Reply with quote

The LED third brake lights offered by Stoddard are the Vintage Trader product.

Very high quality. Definitely would recommend...
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Third Brake light for B Cab Reply with quote

Thanks Jan,
Just ordered two of the 8in-6 volt ones.
Good winter project.
Slip
wdfifteen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Third Brake light for B Cab Reply with quote

Jules Dielen at [email protected] has all LED lights for 356s. The 3rd brake lite is 10" and fits (barely) behind the engine grille. He has researched his product extensively. I recommend his products.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Third Brake light for B Cab Reply with quote

OK, I purchased the strip lights, 2- 8in LEDS, fabricated a bracket to mount under the twin engine grills. There is apparently two ways to wire them, one direct to the brake bulb wiring at the tail light and the other is to run a wire up front to the brake light switch, which looks to be more difficult.
Any thoughts from those that have installed
Thanks,
Slip
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Third Brake light for B Cab Reply with quote

If you wire to the brake light bulb the 3rd brake light will flash with the turn signal.
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Third Brake light for B Cab Reply with quote

Im aware the third brake light will flash with the turn signals as I hook the positive lead to the tail lights. As I have twin engine grills and two 8in LED strip lights I’m fine with that as I hook each side separately to the bulbs.
Look at it as additional safety when making a turn.
Just about done with the installation, should finish today if all goes well.
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Third Brake light for B Cab Reply with quote

Didn’t finish the job, life got in the way. All I need to do is make the final connections on the tail lights, reinstall the grills & luggage rack & this one is done.
Two more projects on the 356 while it slumbers this winter.
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Third Brake light for B Cab Reply with quote

Finished the third brake light. What a PIA to connect the + wire to the tail lights, especially the passenger side as I have an extractor muffler that’s in the way.
I really like the flashing turn signal as a safety, much more visible than just the tail light. I do have LED tail & turn signals but the blinking third brake light on turns looks good.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: