Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early oval striker plate
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecallaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Early oval striker plate Reply with quote

I do not find a thread about the striker plates from early ovals so posting my experience here for the record and for comments from others.

The passenger side striker plate on my January '55 beetle was broken when I got it, so I I researched and ordered a reproduction part with part number 111 837 295. It fits well and does the job despite being too shiny.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

When I took off the broken old plate it has a different part number L211.549.1 I do not know if this is original to the car but the plate on the driver's side is identical with same part number.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Early oval striker plate Reply with quote

VW changed their part number system in the fall of '54. The old numbers started with the L. The new numbers after then were the 3 groups of 3. So your new striker plates just have the new number for the identical original part.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
3foldfolly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Early oval striker plate Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:
VW changed their part number system in the fall of '54. The old numbers started with the L. The new numbers after then were the 3 groups of 3. So your new striker plates just have the new number for the identical original part.

Learn something new almost everyday on the Samba!
ecallaway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Early oval striker plate Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:

Cool. Thanks for the comment. I guess they were still using the '54 parts in January of '55.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: