Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Cip1.com
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 21, 2024
gordr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I ordered some parts from the Canadian outlet, cip1.ca. Did not arrive as expected. Called their help line and was told the package was sitting in the Loomis Courier depot in Red Deer, Alberta, and I had to pick it up there, as Loomis doesn't deliver to rural addresses. I said, "no way am I burning 50 bucks in gas to pick up a 50 dollar order. Get it to Fedex, they know how to find me."

A cip1.ca supervisor called me Monday, and said a replacement shipment was being sent via Fedex. Package arrived this afternoon.

Just want to give credit where credit is due.
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I've spent 10s of thousands of dollars at CIP1 for parts for my own cars, plus thousands for people who's cars I've worked on.

Never had a problem with parts returns as they were small cheaper parts and I was usually told to keep or toss them.

Then I got a set of performance I-beam connecting rods from them. 3 of 8 bolts had galled threads and tore the threads out when I removed them., there was no indexing stamps on any of them (a small matter) and the machining quality could only be described as Stevie wonders first time on the machine. To be frank , they were absolute pieces of shit. I sent an email with pictures and phoned them and talked to the tech guy, who had no problems with me returning them, but on my dime (this really burned my ass) and they would send me another set. I asked if they were all of this quality and he said yes, but he talked to their engine guys and they said "they should work"!?!? I told him I don't use parts that "should work" I passed on the reorder.

I asked again about shipping them back at my cost, he told me that's there policy even though I politely explained that these were not wrong parts, they were not ordered incorrectly, these were bad, defective POS parts that they sent me and now I have to pay to send them back? Yes, was all I got.
Geezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Dear Cip1, you folks keep sending me emails wanting me to purchase parts from you. You should know that will never happen again.Merry Christmas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Sucks that some of you have a problem. I have spent just shy of $30K this year so far and its incredibly rare that I have any kind of issue...and if I do, they resolve it quickly. BUT there are certain policies that they and most other vendors have that they adhere to.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Geezer wrote:
Dear Cip1, you folks keep sending me emails wanting me to purchase parts from you. You should know that will never happen again.Merry Christmas.

>> I second that. CIP does not like to accept returns, even when they send out garbage. Don't sell garbage if you don't want to happily receive the parts back as returns. Plenty of other VW vendors to purchase from who will treat you right.
P24p1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I just had a pretty crap experience with Cip1's shipping. This is Cip1 Canada so maybe it's different for the .com site.

I paid for express shipping at checkout, a whole 20$ extra, expecting my shipment to arrive within the week or so. I should mention first and foremost they don't notify who they ship with, so I had to go sleuthing with my tracking number to find who was shipping the order.

I find that the company is Loomis. So I go on their tracking page, and find that the estimated delivery date is the 26th of April. I placed the order on the 16th, and it shipped on the 17th, so I find that the 26th is a bit too far away.

So I get on the phone with a Loomis agent who reveals the real kicker; the package was sent ground shipping instead of express. Of course, I call Cip1 asking what the heck is up with this, and tl;dr this is what I find out:

When you place an order, Cip1 sees the shipping options for your address. Instead of displaying this on their website in a meaningful way, they just don't tell you and ship it ground if you're address is not eligible for express shipping. This is textbook dishonesty if Cip1 has knowledge of shipping options before the package even leaves their warehouse doors. They should have a system on their website that prevents you from even selecting express shipping if they themselves know you're address is not eligible.

What rust?

Rev it - don't lug it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

P24p1 wrote:
I just had a pretty crap experience with Cip1's shipping. This is Cip1 Canada so maybe it's different for the .com site.

I paid for express shipping at checkout, a whole 20$ extra, expecting my shipment to arrive within the week or so. I should mention first and foremost they don't notify who they ship with, so I had to go sleuthing with my tracking number to find who was shipping the order.

I find that the company is Loomis. So I go on their tracking page, and find that the estimated delivery date is the 26th of April. I placed the order on the 16th, and it shipped on the 17th, so I find that the 26th is a bit too far away.

So I get on the phone with a Loomis agent who reveals the real kicker; the package was sent ground shipping instead of express. Of course, I call Cip1 asking what the heck is up with this, and tl;dr this is what I find out:

When you place an order, Cip1 sees the shipping options for your address. Instead of displaying this on their website in a meaningful way, they just don't tell you and ship it ground if you're address is not eligible for express shipping. This is textbook dishonesty if Cip1 has knowledge of shipping options before the package even leaves their warehouse doors. They should have a system on their website that prevents you from even selecting express shipping if they themselves know you're address is not eligible.

OK -gonna ask - And I am in the states, so this may be different. We have the option of paying a fee for "front of the line", which means it gets processed and out the door faster and that is all. Is that what you were selecting? They use DHL or Fed Ex here and I will get a estimated delivery time of maybe a week out, BUT that is not real. I usually have my order within 1 to 3 days. Many other vendors will give option for ground, second day or next day and the charge can be like $20 for ground, $70 for second day and maybe $200 for next day.

Wondering if that is what you were running into and maybe not knowing how it worked. Once again, I am in the US, so it may all be different for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
P24p1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
Wondering if that is what you were running into and maybe not knowing how it worked. Once again, I am in the US, so it may all be different for you.

This is all that is written regarding shipping options:

NEW! $12.99 Flat Rate Ground Shipping (for orders under $99) (5-7 Business Days)$12.99

3-5 (Business) Day Express E (Order Before 11amPST/Rural 5-7day) (NOT GUARANTEED)$19.99

That's it. The shipping page doesn't contain anything additional info either. I'm pretty sure they could make it clearer. Especially after the girl on the phone had the audacity to tell me: "We try and make it as obvious as possible for ours customers!

Now I will say, my parts arrived today, in just 5 days. So it's not bad. But I could've gone with free shipping and had it show up and the exact same time.

What rust?

Rev it - don't lug it!
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

You are probably correct that the regular shipping would have been about the same. But I dunno, their description looks pretty cut and dried to me. The thing is that they have no control over the shipper once its out the door. I had a big order that was shipped via Fed Ex that got stuck in customs in Memphis TN for close to a week. They and I both tried to get it released with no success and they ended up shipping out duplicate order expedited for me.
P24p1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

They see when they select the shipping option that express is not available - how is that out of their control? They should notify the customer instantly that the shipping option is not available instead of just keeping quiet, taking the money and selecting the ground shipping.

What rust?

Rev it - don't lug it!
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

P24p1 wrote:
They see when they select the shipping option that express is not available - how is that out of their control? They should notify the customer instantly that the shipping option is not available instead of just keeping quiet, taking the money and selecting the ground shipping.

Not trying to be a jerk, but for $4 extra dollars you are expecting air?
P24p1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:
but for $4 extra dollars

It's not 4$ - it's 20$. FREE shipping would've taken the exact same amount of time. If the option isn't available in the first place, I shouldn't have to pay it, that simple.

Also the difference would've been 7$ between ground and express, not sure where you got the 4?

What rust?

Rev it - don't lug it!
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

OK - I messed up on the amount. Bottom line is you figured out what is best for you to do. Have a good one.
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I just got a box of parts from CIP. When I saw that DHL was the shipping company, I new I was in for a wait. Ordered the parts Monday. Got a notice from dhl that it would be at least a week. Parts showed up on Friday. Four days ain't that bad

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I order from them monthly at least. When I get the DHL shipping notice, it always says 6-7 days till delivery, and then it shows up on the 3rd day. Considering the volume they ship, and how far the stuff is going, 3 days is excellent.
They've been excellent to deal with the few times I had an issue (thanks Kris!)
Hands down one of the best vendors that I deal with regularly.
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I ordered some repop door handles, they said here by the 5th of next month, they arrived via DHL today, Sunday, 4-29-23

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Anchovy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Their sales staff is a joke.

I called with a technical question about compatibility of parts I had purchased from them. They said they would get back to me but never did so I called a couple days later and asked for an update. The kid (said his name was Casey) asked who I had talked to before, I didn't know but explained my question again. He said someone would eventually get back to me and he "wasn't going to waste his time or the time of their supplier asking them again" since someone was already on it. I sarcastically thanked him for his wonderful customer service. He asked if I wanted to speak to the manager (his idea) so I said "sure". He put me on hold indefinitely. I tried a couple more times to get to a manager or someone that could help me with my question but was left on hold or sent to VM. I could hear them laughing in the background about it when I called each time and politely asked for a manager. Real mature operation you have going there CIP1.

So, either the staff intentionally ban together to screen customers from talking to the manager or the manager has them do it.

In any case, a bunch of dicks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

Anchovy wrote:
Their sales staff is a joke.

I called with a technical question about compatibility of parts I had purchased from them. They said they would get back to me but never did so I called a couple days later and asked for an update. The kid (said his name was Casey) asked who I had talked to before, I didn't know but explained my question again. He said someone would eventually get back to me and he "wasn't going to waste his time or the time of their supplier asking them again" since someone was already on it. I sarcastically thanked him for his wonderful customer service. He asked if I wanted to speak to the manager (his idea) so I said "sure". He put me on hold indefinitely. I tried a couple more times to get to a manager or someone that could help me with my question but was left on hold or sent to VM. I could hear them laughing in the background about it when I called each time and politely asked for a manager. Real mature operation you have going there CIP1.

So, either the staff intentionally ban together to screen customers from talking to the manager or the manager has them do it.

In any case, a bunch of dicks.

You sure you are talking about the right company? If you have a tech question, you get to Gary or Kris pretty quickly. Once in a great while you are on hold for a bit because they are tied up. And even at that, you will bounce back to someone to see who you are holding for. I have never been offered a call back...unless they need more time to look into something. Have never heard background chatter if on hold. And I don't ever recall talking to a Casey, but I may be wrong about that part. I have been dealing with then for over 15 years and order regularly. NEVER had anything like you experienced.
Ronald Eisel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I have had another frustrating experience with Cip1 to add to a long list of issues that I have previously had with this company.
My most recent (and last) dealing was about a 1966-1967 VW bus turn signal switch. The switch came with a small piece of paper that were the installation instructions (see insert). The individual wires were not correctly color coded according to the expected VW schematic colors and the maker relied upon dots printed on the insulation to indicate a second color. I contacted Cip1 and requested a return for store credit but was given the run--a-round being told to contact technical support, then I was told to Ohm out the wires. This was the last straw! I customer should NOT have to deal with this type of "go pound sand" attitude.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Referring to the attached photo: the wire designations are incorrect and potentially could have caused an electrical failure.
lumber-baron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Cip1.com - [email protected] - California Import Parts Reply with quote

I put a keyed alike set of locks and ignition switch priced at $329.99 in my cart along with $3-400 worth of other items on Nov 27. I was checking to see what else I needed and went to finalize my purchase on the 29th but could not log in to the site. When I was able to log in on the 30th they had raised the price to $399.99! Now if they had received a new shipment at a higher cost I would understand, but I checked the item and it still stated “order soon, only 3 left in stock” same as it said when I put it in the cart.
I contacted customer service about this and they just seemed too busy to give a shit. They told me to “go ahead and place the order - we usually we will issue a credit to your account” so I did, they had always been fair the past.
Not this time, they emailed me today after the order had shipped and offered to split the difference with me if was agreeable to that.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Jump to:
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: