Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:53 am    Post subject: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

Camping all weekend with the car show being on Sunday.
Get your ticket for the show here-

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/all-air-cooled-gathering-2022-tickets-365667771147
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

Got my tickets! Now I have to figure out what to bring! Any chance of you guys doing a Eurovan special class this year? Laughing

Kidding! I'm sure the 64 will be there!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

Got mine. Time to start figuring out what to drive there. Gonna be here before we know it!

Central Jersey VW Society
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

Tickets are selling fast, so make sure to buy yours now so you don’t miss out on the fun. Tickets will not be sold at the event!

"Got a lot to carry? Get a box."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

I'm surprised this thread isn't more active. This is one of the highlights of the season in the Northeast, I can't wait for AACG. It's a great weekend away from home.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cyclehobby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

So happy to have gotten my tickets already. Last year I was so excited about the show and learned too late that a limited number of tickets were being sold. So, this year, I think I got mine on the first day they were available for sale!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!
ladder332
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

Cant wait for this!
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

Less than a week away and everything looks to be ready for the big event. If anyone traveling has any trouble please let us know if you need parts, help, or whatever. We want to make sure everyone gets here safe as sound for the festivities.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

CJVWS visited The Swim Club last night and everything looks great!! They put a fresh coat of paint on all the buildings and added more tables outside.
Campers- we would prefer only Air-Cooled cars in the camping section. The gravel lot is for normal car parking. It frees up more space.

All vendors who attend need an event ticket. Please spread the word on this!
Bring your ticket and pay 50$ at the gate when you get there for your spot. 7am on Sunday gates open for vendors.

Thank you! Can not wait!

Casey
CJVWS President
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

SUPER excited. Been looking forward to this all year.
CJVWS does a kick ass job, and I’d venture a guess that it’s about to get even better with a show field full of Porsches and a camping field full of Poorsches the evening before.
VDubTech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

I'll be bringing a complete '63 ragtop clip with me to the show among other things if anyone is looking for one.

a measurement of your rod would be extremely useful.

notchboy wrote:
my dad wasnt a belittling cock when he tought me how to wrench on cars.

EverettB wrote:
One photo = good for reference.
10 photos = douchebaggery
shano63 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

No pics?
78 F250 4x4 4spd

Chris

Take it as it comes-- Morrison
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

Any thought to opening the show back up to everyone? In other words, no tickets needed?

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

The show was open to everyone, you just had to buy a ticket. There were very few tickets still available when the registration closed on Friday so it seems they have the "demand" metered correctly.
The camping was fantastic and the show was too. The swap was as big as its ever been and there were some great treasures to be found. In fact, the club reduced the cost of the weekend to $20 for the show and $20 to camp - less than we paid in years past for the weekend.

Preselling tickets really helps the club to prepare for the show, the food vendor to have enough stock, and the club to have staff and assets ready to handle the influx of attendees.
It would be very complicated for the club to control the number of tickets sold and manage the volume of attendees if tickets were sold at the gate.
Rather than say "first come first served" and risk having someone drive say from Delaware to New Jersey only to be turned away because tickets sold out, the online presale sets a clear understanding of who will be showing up.

For the last of the real VW weekend events in the north east, pre-purchasing tickets seems to be a real issue for a lot of folks.
Tickets are inexpensive, especially compared to comparable events down south and out west where the scenes are hosting comparable quality shows.
Buy your ticket in advance, whether you can go or not. If you can't go, you can easily sell your ticket or give it away to a friend, and its good to support the club.

One of the main goals of ticket presale was to keep the event from becoming too large - no, too unmanageable.
Based on years past, the volume of people and cars in attendance was quickly outpacing the ability of the club to meet the demand.
At that rate, the show would have failed. Ticket presale is a great way to preserve the integrity of the entire weekend.

There have been a lot of other benefits too, like not having to deal with large amount of cash at the gate and making it easier for club members to "check in" attendees when they get to the Swim and Sports club.
Considering all of this, it seems unlikely that CJVWS will go back to the pay-at-the-gate.

As an attendee, we missed a few friends who wouldn't pre-purchase tickets out of their own convictions. We respect them for their choice but ultimately we got to have a fantastic weekend with friends and cars, and they didn't.

I'm ready to buy next year's tickets... When does the link go live?
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: All Air-Cooled Gathering 2022 Flanders, NJ, Sep 16-18 Reply with quote

obnoxiousblue wrote:
The show was open to everyone, you just had to buy a ticket. There were very few tickets still available when the registration closed on Friday so it seems they have the "demand" metered correctly.
The camping was fantastic and the show was too. The swap was as big as its ever been and there were some great treasures to be found. In fact, the club reduced the cost of the weekend to $20 for the show and $20 to camp - less than we paid in years past for the weekend.

Preselling tickets really helps the club to prepare for the show, the food vendor to have enough stock, and the club to have staff and assets ready to handle the influx of attendees.
It would be very complicated for the club to control the number of tickets sold and manage the volume of attendees if tickets were sold at the gate.
Rather than say "first come first served" and risk having someone drive say from Delaware to New Jersey only to be turned away because tickets sold out, the online presale sets a clear understanding of who will be showing up.

For the last of the real VW weekend events in the north east, pre-purchasing tickets seems to be a real issue for a lot of folks.
Tickets are inexpensive, especially compared to comparable events down south and out west where the scenes are hosting comparable quality shows.
Buy your ticket in advance, whether you can go or not. If you can't go, you can easily sell your ticket or give it away to a friend, and its good to support the club.

One of the main goals of ticket presale was to keep the event from becoming too large - no, too unmanageable.
Based on years past, the volume of people and cars in attendance was quickly outpacing the ability of the club to meet the demand.
At that rate, the show would have failed. Ticket presale is a great way to preserve the integrity of the entire weekend.

There have been a lot of other benefits too, like not having to deal with large amount of cash at the gate and making it easier for club members to "check in" attendees when they get to the Swim and Sports club.
Considering all of this, it seems unlikely that CJVWS will go back to the pay-at-the-gate.

As an attendee, we missed a few friends who wouldn't pre-purchase tickets out of their own convictions. We respect them for their choice but ultimately we got to have a fantastic weekend with friends and cars, and they didn't.

I'm ready to buy next year's tickets... When does the link go live?

Couldn’t have explained it better if I tried, thanks Mike! I can say with certainty that CJVWS intends to continue with pre-sale tickets next year. Our club genuinely feels like we found the sweet spot in terms of manageable spectator capacity for the venue and our staff, while still allowing for an all around great time for everyone. Nearly two-thousand attendees is where we were at in 2018 and the location just isn’t equipped to handle that kind of crowd. In spite of the capped ticket sales we still had a massive amount of campers all weekend, 300 air cooled cars on the show field, and a pleasantly surprising amount of quality vendors. Most folks I spoke to that have been with us since the first AACG said this was one of the best events to date. Thank you to everyone that came out and made the weekend so enjoyable!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: