Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Concept 1 approx value
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefdaveboats
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject: Concept 1 approx value Reply with quote

I have a chance to purchase a Concept 1 project. It is running but need lights and wipers to make it street legal. Kingpin front and swing axle rear with disc brakes on both. 1600 DP. No cracks or spiderwebs on body. Pans have some repairable pin holes. Seller is asking $3,500 which seems steep to me. Anyone care to estimate a fair value?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Dangib
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Concept 1 approx value Reply with quote

chiefdaveboats wrote:
I have a chance to purchase a Concept 1 project. It is running but need lights and wipers to make it street legal. Kingpin front and swing axle rear with disc brakes on both. 1600 DP. No cracks or spiderwebs on body. Pans have some repairable pin holes. Seller is asking $3,500 which seems steep to me. Anyone care to estimate a fair value?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

God I love those id buy it for 3500 in a second if that was close to me, running driving for 3500 its a great deal.
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Concept 1 approx value Reply with quote

Because of the high sides they are difficult to get in and out of. Although they look really cool they are not very practical to drive.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Concept 1 approx value Reply with quote

Is this an otherwise running and driving car? Have you priced an engine lately? It isn't 1975 any more.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
SteveM.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Concept 1 approx value Reply with quote

Seems cheap...hard to find a running buggy for less than $5K anymore.

Offer three grand!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Concept 1 approx value Reply with quote

Buy it! Just the body alone is worth that price!
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Concept 1 approx value Reply with quote

Prices are crazy these days.

I bought my Manx for 1/2 that but it needed work.

$3500 is not outrageous.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Concept 1 approx value Reply with quote

Six years ago I bought mine complete and running for $6000. At that time I was considering buying a new Manx body and they were $8000 US plus shipping. Then I would need and old Beetle or a pan, engine, transaxle and front beam.

The engine needed freshening up and the beam was a bit rotten but it got me on the road for less money and a LOT less labour than going with a new body.
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Concept 1 approx value Reply with quote

As always, the body is only worth what top bidder will offer...

bnc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: