Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bug-"Truck" Bug Conversion
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbraten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Bug-"Truck" Bug Conversion Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity how does one accomplish turning a VW bug into one of those little trucks? I have seen pictures of them and no two look alike. Are there different kits? Do you actually use a truck bed from another truck (whether its a Chevy,Ford,VW,Toyota, ect)? How is this accomplished Question
John M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't cut up a Bug to make a truck. If you want something with a "bed" buy a Single Cab.

Current: 1972 Beetle - 96V EV
Previous:
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1300SP
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1600SP
1974 Beetle - African Red - 1914CC

Attorney Isaiah Loophole
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont mind someone cutting up a bug to make a truck as long as the bug is not deserving of a resto like me and a buddy of mine just cut up a 59 but the car was to gone to save a tree had fallen on the roof and the bottom of the quarters and the bottom of the door were just gone but the most of the parts and the pan ( which was solid as a rock considering sitting in the woods for 35 years) will live on in either a dune buggy or another older body, if someone has one for cheap let me know
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most would agree with the prior posts...OK if the bug is beyond a resto candidate.

Hokay...that being said, I think you are inquiring about a rare topic nonetheless. Have you tried a search? You will likely have to be pretty persistent with your searches...

-kent

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myolbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to www.volksrods.com. They should have the info your looking for.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

candyman wrote:
i broke my brain over ten years ago and its still dumb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
renderit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhere in my house I have a complete manual on how to do it if you are interested. I thought about it in 79. Bought the instructions. Thought about it some more. Even then I considered it a sin. If you want 'em and I can find them I'll sell them to you or the highest bidder who wants to burn them! Laughing But seriously, if you are considering it PM me. Looks nice if you have one the backend is irreparably damaged on already.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jsut looked at 2 bugs today that are ready for that action the lady wants 300.00 for both.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
mbraten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said that I was planning on doing it . There's no way I'd ever cut my bug up. I was just curious how people did it. A good point was brought up about a bug with the back end smashed. Only then would I consider the truck conversion. Thanks for the replies.
David23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
I jsut looked at 2 bugs today that are ready for that action the lady wants 300.00 for both.
man, I wish it were 2006 again ! Lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: