Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LJ Aircooled Engines
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JPro62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience buying from this company. Prices seem too low, just want to make sure they are not a scam.

Please delete if post already exists.
patrick1984
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Did you end up buying anything from these guys? I stumbled across them too and the prices seem way too good to be true.

Cheers,
Patrick
anthony09
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Great company,I buy from them alot.HIGHLY RECOMMEND
evancpappas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

I placed an order last tuesday and it still hasn’t shipped. I emailed them asking what the order status was and no response.
whisperer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Evan did you get your part? I bought a set of barrels from them off of their web site last week and have got no response. I’ve sent multiple emails but no response. I’m concerned now as they have no phone number to call and my emails seem to just float off into cyberspace. My card was charged.
Because some people above say they are great it calms me a little, but also companies and people fall off the planet every day. This will not break me but is hundreds of dollars and a simple email back from them would be nice.
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

I just bought a flywheel from them. It arrived just fine. The price on the part was good, but the shipping was too high IMO.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HandyDan63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

I too have had problems with LJ AirCooled Engines. I placed an order for pistons on June 20, 2020 but UPS "lost" them in transit on July 9. I then contacted LJ Air-Cooled after waiting a few weeks for UPS to find the order. On July 28, they emailed me to say that they were looking into it. The next day I got a 2nd email saying a replacement order would be shipped out that day (July 29). Today is August 16. No email confirmation & no reply from LJ Air-cooled. I sent a followup email on August 8 & will keep trying (I guess) until I get a response.
Elvad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

I ordered a bench mounted engine stand from them and it is nice quality and fits in a Harbor Freight engine stand perfectly. Got it in a little more than a week. Their prices are low but shipping was high. I ordered several more things. Heads, and an oil cooler, some tin etc. The price was very low. Over a week went by and I got no shipping info. I emailed them and by the end of that day they canceled my order and refunded my money with no explanation. I emailed again and they replied that the price on the site for the heads was wrong and that was why. They offered expedited shipping if I ordered again at the corrected price. Ok, fine. I ordered even more stuff, about $600 worth. 9 days have gone by now with no shipping info or reply to 2 emails. One through their site and one gmail address listed on the home page. What do I do now? Almost 3 weeks have gone by since my original order. I need those parts. This engine was supposed to be done by the end of August. That is highly unlikely now seeing it is the 26th. They have really screwed me up and I have no idea of the status of my order or my money... I would avoid them at all cost!!!
Elvad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

The morning after my last post I received my entire order from LJAircooled. They never gave me shipping info, they didn't reply to my emails until today. I had requested they cancel my order if it wasn't shipping soon. (8 days after I ordered it) They said they understood I wanted my parts soon after a 2 week delay and they would cancel it if I wanted.... By the time I got their email I had the parts already. The prices are good, the shipping is high on small orders but only $50 for shipping a bunch of stuff to me on the east coast. Heads, tin, oil cooler hardware etc. so pretty average. Overall I have had good luck with them they just don't seem to be on the same page as most as far as tracking and reply time to email requests and the no phone number thing... They seem like good people just not quite up to the modern standards we are all use to as far as tracking info and contact info. I guess they are a little old school. I got all my stuff in a reasonable amount of time I just never knew when or if it shipped until I got it..
volswagn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Ordered from them August 18th, about $300 worth of equipment - cooling tin, pushrod tubes, oil cooler stuff, engine mount, etc. Haven't even received an email since the initial order confirmation. Sent an email early yesterday, still haven't heard back. I see they also own a general auto parts site so they're probably just trying to cater to the VW folks and drop-ship everything from somewhere else. Their physical address is a post office box. The phone # on my credit card statement is just Paypal's number. Hopefully they contact me soon (just sent another email). I'm usually really good about checking stuff out. Not sure why I failed to do that this time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
volswagn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Just a note - everything finally showed up, with no communication from LJ, event though I sent several emails to two different addresses (looks like LJ also has other sites for other brands). I was considering doing a chargeback when I finally got an automated shipping notification from UPS. Showed up today. I not sure I would order again from them. The order was accurate and the prices were good, but I'm not sure what would have happened if there was an issue with my order. Being able to communicate with the seller is kind of a bid deal, ya know?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Tombo1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that others were having some issues. After reading about some of the delays others have had I was a bit skeptical. Needless to say I went ahead and placed an order anyways last week. I really like their web page interface. It
did take LJ a few days to ship but I received notification yesterday that my order was on its way. Checked the tracking this morning and should have the order in a couple of days. This timeline is par to other suppliers. Hoping that the issues others ran into earlier may have been a temporary staffing issue and LJ is now back on track.
scotty timmerman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

I ordered a set of 36hp main bearings from them. when I received them they were miss packaged. the label was correct but the bearings were a different size. I emailed them multiple times about this with no response. I also called them multiple times and it just goes to a voice mail box that is full.
73 super beetle
57 oval: build thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8616563#8616563
63 beetle reassembly: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7458619#7458619
2332cc engine build: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8608429&highlight=#8608429
84 vanagon westfalia wolfsburg edition
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

whoa this is a weird ass thread. the majority of posters only have 1 or 2 post. just looks weird to me. carry on
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SuperSonic71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

I'm not here to bash but I wondered the same about this company. Last year I was going to by a sidewinder muffler and a magna spark because it was 20 bucks or so cheaper. But when I thought more about it, I would rather go straight to CB for their products. Warranty would do me some good just in case. Buyer beware when you come across great deals. When I spoke with the guy, he made it seem as though they gather parts from different places and sell at his own prices. I'm not mad at that but you have to be careful because they're only as good as the person that actually produces the parts allow them to be. It's hard to have good customer service and be knowledgeable about parts when you're pretty much flipping parts.
Tombo1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Well, order number two did not go as well as order number one. Figured out that the LJ Engines website is just a third party seller platform. All orders are shipped out of the AA performance warehouse. May as well skip LJ Engines and go right to the source. After a delayed shipment and poor communications I am no longer going to use this guy as a supplier. Two thumbs down.
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Ordered H-beam rods. Got Chevy journal instead of VW journal. I may have even been the problem, asked to exchange. I fully expected to have to pay a restocking fee or something. But no response to emails.

Not having good luck with vendors on this build. Sad

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

lizardtoejoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

I placed an order for an oddball item I couldn't find elsewhere. I tried to contact them regarding order status / slow ship, but no love. I did send an email requesting my order be canceled.
I just noticed Google shows the business as "Temporarily Closed".
If I don't hear back from them, or receive a refund in a couple weeks, I'll be contacting my CC company.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

Last year I ordered cylinder heads and pistons from them. They were super fast on shipping and easy to work with.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: LJ Aircooled Engines Reply with quote

What's the latest?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: