Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

o2 sensor location on sidwinder
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
1LoWezl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: o2 sensor location on sidwinder Reply with quote

Any pictures out there of o2 sensor on type 1 sidewinder exhaust system?

I am looking for pictures after the collector and v-band clamp. Possibly on the curve of exhaust just before the muffler. This is an a1 exhaust.

Trying to mockup an exhaust outside the car if possible. If not, i shall wait until i install the motor.

thanx for any help
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RLFD213
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor location on sidwinder Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You can order this from CB performance and it goes between the header and muffler or you can make one.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor location on sidwinder Reply with quote

Quote:
I am looking for pictures after the collector and v-band clamp. Possibly on the curve of exhaust just before the muffler. This is an a1 exhaust.

OP.
Most of the AFR sensor bungs in my headers are placed in the collector.
I get decent results from that location.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!

Last edited by 67rustavenger on Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
King_vw61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor location on sidwinder Reply with quote

I have a o2 at the collector and one 26" down on the sidewinder weed burner. exact same reading on both.

The one further down I just capped off.
1LoWezl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor location on sidwinder Reply with quote

Thanx for the replies, was trying to get as far down stream as possible.

I put one on my merged header after the collector and work great on my other car. Was just trying to do the same on this sidewinder. It seems a little tighter where i was thinking on this other exhaust.

Appreciate the feedback as always
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j-dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor location on sidwinder Reply with quote

I put mine in the exhaust section, just after the flange pointing up and forward on a few different sidewinder setups. Angles up so the wiring runs next to the body, simple and easy.

Looking for pictures of the sensor, for now this is the best I have

gorbur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor location on sidwinder Reply with quote

Interesting read. Wasn't too sure how critical the position is. I have a hide-a-way but can't use the CB style adapter and need to find a spot to weld in the bung. Sounds like there's a fair bit of leeway as long as it's after the collector and before the muffler. Respecting other good installation practices too. I'm doing my own data logger with a narrow band sensor.

vince1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor location on sidwinder Reply with quote

I had one TIG welded on the first muffler tube. A1 stock location on the 4/1 interfere with the engine support bar on bay window busses.

Click here for my full pix detailed 2165 engine build with beehive valvetrain.

Sorry for my poor English, I'm a French guy ... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: