Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Bulli Brigade 29
America's longest running Split Window Only Bus Show and Swap

Join in for a Veterans Day Weekend filled with several VW happenings to include: Rare and Unique 20 and other closer to venue Friday evening gatherings. Bulli Brigade on Saturday and Bug Jam on Sunday.

Bulli Brigade 29 info:

When: Saturday November 12, 2022 from 8:00am – 2:00pm.

Where: Quaker Steak and Lube located at 10400 49th St N Clearwater, Florida 33762
Quaker Steak & Lube is located 17 miles from Fort De Soto Park Campground 3500 Pinellas Bayway S St. Petersburg, FL 33715 (727) 582-2100, and 9 miles from the St. Petersburg / Madeira Beach KOA located at 5400 95th St N St. Petersburg, FL 33708 (800) 562-7714. https://koa.com/campgrounds/st-petersburg/site-type/lodging/

For more information about the show venue, follow the below link.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A...g9U&e=

Host Hotel: La Quinta Inns & Suites (5000 Lake Blvd, Clearwater, FL 33760. Telephone, 1-727-299-9800) Please mention Bulli Brigade. Quoted rate is $119 a night per manager, Jeff Baker.

Registration Fee: $10 Day of show

Vending Fee: $60 for Truck and Trailer. $40 for 1 Vehicle. (Vending out of your 1967 or earlier bus in the show or vending area is free as always) Space limited to first come first served. Vending area will be located on the north end of Quaker Steak and Lube adjacent to the stage and outside bar area.

Spectator overflow parking will be located on the "Adjust-a-Brush" property across the street from show area.

*There will be a 50/50 raffle*
Proceeds will go to The Police Unity Tour (Non-profit 501c3), a 250 mile benefit bicycle ride horning police officers killed in the line of duty. Funds help maintain the National Police Memorial Wall in Washington DC

Show categories: Best Camper, Best Commercial, Best Custom, Best Passenger, Best Vintage, Longest Distance, Hard Luck, and Promoters Choice Awards.

T-Shirt sales will be at approximately 10:30am

Awards ceremony at approximately 1:30pm

Any questions contact: Robert Kennedy 904-501-3586
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

I have my campsite booked at Ft. Desoto. I can't wait - one of my favorite bus shows.

a great time to be in Florida.

Thank you RK for keeping this great show going. I know its not an easy task.
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Sweet!
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

zuggbug wrote:
Thank you RK for keeping this great show going. I know its not an easy task.

X2!!

Shaping up to be a very busy fall for me, but I hope to make it this year!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Awesome!
We will be there helping out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cspider7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Hope to make it out! It’s on the calendar, thanks RK.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Looking forward to this show. I feel like anywhere that has a bunch of old busses, cold draft beer and mid-November in FL really can’t be beat.
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Looking forward to it as well.

Thx,

T
'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tlambert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Hope everyone in Fl. is doing well.

Is the Bulli show still being held?

Any word on Rare and Unique still having there get together?
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

tlambert wrote:
Hope everyone in Fl. is doing well.

Is the Bulli show still being held?

Any word on Rare and Unique still having there get together?

I know the Bulli Show is still on - I spoke with Robert last weekend and he said its still on.

I have no idea if Rare and Unique is having their get together.
tlambert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Thanks Paul. I’ll give R&U a call tomorrow and see what’s up.
bubba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

BTW, If you have not booked a room for the Show The special rate will only be good till the end of the month.. Shocked
curtain Bungee cords for SO23, 22, 33 ,34 ,35
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1587591
tlambert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

I spoke with someone today at Rare & Unique and was told they are having their Friday night party on November 11th.
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Checking in for a Bulli Brigade 29 update.
T-Shirts have been delivered and this years art work turned out great!
The trophy team is finishing up final details for this years award ceremony. Oh!, we still have an unclaimed "Longest Distance" award from BB26 (Daytona Classic 24 weekend) I'll bring it with.
Quaker Steak and Lube called yesterday and they are excited to have us back. I was notified a portion of the stage area/Vending area will not be available due to a tent they have set up but there will still be ample room for slinging parts.
Fort De Soto is and has been fully operational even after hurricane Ian and I'm looking forward to a few days of camping waterfront!
Host Hotel (La Quinta) is also looking forward to having us back. Jeff Baker (Manager) has always been bent over backwards to make sure our stay is enjoyable and loves seeing our busses invade each year.
Next Year is our 30th!!! BULLI BRIGADE XXX flyers will be in hand with some preliminary details of what's ahead!
Safe travels, RK
H&Hdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Are a lot of you folks still planning on making the drive for this one with the impending tropical storm? Looks like it will be long gone for Saturday, weighing my options for the Friday night get together. This will be my first year, and I don't really want to miss it. I assume the Rare and Unique get together is what I was told is held at Blast Services? Is that correct?

Worth noting the weather Saturday should be spot on... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Josh
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Weather is looking amazing for Saturday. Friday evening events are indoors but still hoping forecast continues to improve. For clarification on Friday evening, The Slam (Rare & Unique) is held in Sarasota at 2311 Whitefield Ind Way Sarasota, Fl 34243, contract Brian or Kip for more info. 941-752-9592. Blast Services Friday evening gathering is 2 miles from the actual show location in Clearwater. -RK
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

I’m hopping on a plane Friday from Colorado to support Robert and the festivities. I look forward to some beers catching up with friends!!!!
5463volks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

tlambert wrote:
I spoke with someone today at Rare & Unique and was told they are having their Friday night party on November 11th.

FYI
They posted yesterday on Facebook R&U canceled the Friday party.
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Friday, Saturday, & Sunday forecast is looking stellar in the Clearwater/Tampa area. I confirmed Friday evening gathering at Blast Services near show venue is ON. R & U however has canceled. Host hotel is currently sold out but manager encouraged to always check for last minute availability if anyone needs a room or check with one of the other nearby hotels. Safe travels & looking forward to another shared Veterans Day Weekend! Thank you to all who served. -RK
ezcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Bulli Brigade 29 - November 12, 2022 - Florida Reply with quote

Looking forward to it... plan on driving down Friday once the rain mostly passes.
I make HWE style roof racks, Jim-Dandy racks, SO-33 metal parts, Dormobile racks, HWE style ladders, engine crank start handles, Westy rack tags, Binz tags, Sundial badges, State of California tags, steering lock electrical covers and single / double cab gate latch friction blocks.

instagram is http://instagram.com/bullidriversteelworks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: