Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gas cap
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob w b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:32 am    Post subject: Gas cap Reply with quote

Looking for this gas cap for a 1991 brazil bus. Can anyone tell me where i can purchase one. Please do not tell me brazil. Smile Very Happy . Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Thank You in advance. Bob
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

Looks like one you can buy at Flaps. I wonder if it’s the same as a 80’s Rabbit, Jetta, Golf or Scirocco.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
bob w b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

Flaps?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gregg in the 603
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

Quote:
Flaps?

Friendly Local Auto Parts Store
bob w b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

Smile oh, ok. will try. thanks.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

might Ask Antonio Trejo https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14183

or get the part number from ETKA and Google it to see if it comes up as a local N. American or wherever you are part.
timvw7476
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

that thread looks odd. (for a bus)
either match yours to anything, or mount a 70's flange & cap, real common. Have to remove the tin pie plate, around the corner from the battery to do it, but still simple, four screws & a hose clamp.
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

Check it over carefully for a part number, and then let google tell you what else it was used on.
bob w b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

I want to thank you for the help with the gas cap search. I did find a part number in the cap, ind. brasilleira 305 201 551 15. Bought it from heritage vw parts. Yikes pricey but looks like the exact cap with keys. Shipping cost more than the cap. Thanks again. Bob.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

bob w b wrote:
I want to thank you for the help with the gas cap search. I did find a part number in the cap, ind. brasilleira 305 201 551 15. Bought it from heritage vw parts. Yikes pricey but looks like the exact cap with keys. Shipping cost more than the cap. Thanks again. Bob.

Thumbs Up
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: gas cap Reply with quote

bob w b wrote:

305 201 551 is the basic number for a VW gas cap, so it is the suffix that connects it to a specific model. Once it comes in, try and fine other numbers on the cap or the box it came in and try and cross those numbers to find what else it might fit. I think there is a very good chance it might fit some other model VW, Audi, Porsche, or other European car sold in the states.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: