Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

69 Beetle Convertible side rear window plugs, where do they go?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishervw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: 69 Beetle Convertible side rear window plugs, where do they go? Reply with quote

Reaching out to the group. I have a ‘69 convertible and have been cleaning up the window mechanisms for the doors as well as the quarter windows. I installed the new from nylon guides and washers to the doors and it made a huge difference. I ordered the nylon plugs for the side rear windows. I have looked and cannot find any diagram or post that mentions where these 4 plugs per side go in. Can anyone help? The picture of the window mechanism is not mine, just for reference

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

volksworld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 69 Beetle Convertible side rear window plugs, where do they go? Reply with quote

maybe on the B pillar above the door latch to hide the 2 screws for the bracket/hinge where the rear window pivots down when you lower it?
fishervw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 69 Beetle Convertible side rear window plugs, where do they go? Reply with quote

volksworld wrote:
maybe on the B pillar above the door latch to hide the 2 screws for the bracket/hinge where the rear window pivots down when you lower it?

Nope. I had to go check as there are 4 of these per side for these new ones. The ones for hiding the bolts are bigger and only 2 per side.
cjsuner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 69 Beetle Convertible side rear window plugs, where do they go? Reply with quote

They should go on the chrome, towards the back of the window. They are to prevent scraping of the chrome in the channel.

If you can't find the spot for them, I'll go out and take a picture of mine.
fishervw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 69 Beetle Convertible side rear window plugs, where do they go? Reply with quote

cjsuner wrote:
They should go on the chrome, towards the back of the window. They are to prevent scraping of the chrome in the channel.

If you can't find the spot for them, I'll go out and take a picture of mine.

It would be greatly appreciate if you can take a picture for me and solve this puzzle.
CarlIseminger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 69 Beetle Convertible side rear window plugs, where do they go? Reply with quote

Yes, those are "guides" that go on the chrome rear window frame to smooth the travel through the channel. I don't have a photo either.
Puppy67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: 69 Beetle Convertible side rear window plugs, where do they go? Reply with quote

Luckily mine are out the car right now. See in the red oval (both sides) to help the frame glide in the runner.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: