Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eriba Pucks
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

1982 Eriba Pan
owner since 2016, as an extension for the bay window camper for grandchild and daughter at trips to the sea side or to car shows - great children's playground also in the garden Wink
More photos at https://www.vw-t2-bulli.de/index.php?de-caravan

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

That Pan looks great! A little extra space vs. the Puck, but still a nice compact size. It looks good behind the Bus. That's our plan with our Puck- pull it with the Bus when we can, to make a 'kids' room and an 'adults' room.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

A little more progress on the Puck. I would have liked to use the original flooring, but it was way too far gone to save. I installed a Marmoleum flooring that’s super thick and durable. It wasn’t cheap, but I think it will work nicely. I probably could have done marble tile for less money. I’m happy with how it turned out.

After installing a diesel heater in my Bus, and realizing how great they are, I decided to put one in the Puck as well. The available mounting locations are extremely limited due to the intake and exhaust piping, since damn near every spot I could find had a frame rail in the way. While not the ideal spot and angle, I settled on the original battery location under the left bench. The lithium battery I will use is too big for that spot anyways, so I guess it doesn’t matter.

I also started putting the front cabinets in, as well as a Truck Fridge. After way too much research, it turns out the best fitting fridge I could find is the TF-49, which is exactly the same as what most Vanagon guys fit into the Westy cabinet. It fits nicely, although it’s 4” shorter than the original ice box. That does allow room for ventilation at the bottom at least. It’s pretty much the maximum width and depth you could fit in that spot. I will be covering the fridge door with teal vinyl to match the sink and stove, so we’ll see how that turns out.

Still lots to do, but now that our EribaSar order finally arrived, I can get to work on some cosmetics. About half of the exterior red trim is installed, and a few window seals are done as well. Hopefully it will be finished up in the next couple weeks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

The front door of the Trucker fridge has a removeable panel. I painted the trim aluminum and I painted the panel blue like the stove & sink.
I used one of these
https://www.acehardware.com/departments/paint-and-supplies/spray-paint/hobby-spray-paint/1514157

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/paint-and-supplies/spray-paint/hobby-spray-paint/11886
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Daddybus wrote:
The front door of the Trucker fridge has a removeable panel. I painted the trim aluminum and I painted the panel blue like the stove & sink.
I used one of these
https://www.acehardware.com/departments/paint-and-supplies/spray-paint/hobby-spray-paint/1514157

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/paint-and-supplies/spray-paint/hobby-spray-paint/11886

Thanks Daddybus! I appreciate the links. It's perfect timing, since none of the vinyl suppliers around here seem to have anything super close to that teal shade. I will definitely pick up a spray can and go that route!
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
Daddybus wrote:
I used one of these

Thanks Daddybus! I appreciate the links. It's perfect timing, since none of the vinyl suppliers around here seem to have anything super close to that teal shade. I will definitely pick up a spray can and go that route!

Make sure you seal it with clearcoat
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

This looks like a nice Puck, but is there any planet in the universe where a Puck is worth $40,000?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2557681
If so, I'll happily sell mine right now for 1/2 that price.

There was another Puck posted here for a long time last year for $20,000. It looked nice, but was obviously grossly overpriced since it either took forever to sell, or the ad simply expired.

Are there truly any vintage Eribas selling for above $15,000 USD? Maybe I'm way out of the loop, but I can't see even a die-hard collector paying more than that. I mean, they are rare, but definitely not impossible to find at fair prices if you search around.
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
This looks like a nice Puck, but is there any planet in the universe where a Puck is worth $40,000?

There was another Puck posted here for a long time last year for $20,000. It looked nice, but was obviously grossly overpriced since it either took forever to sell, or the ad simply expired.

Are there truly any vintage Eribas selling for above $15,000 USD? Maybe I'm way out of the loop, but I can't see even a die-hard collector paying more than that. I mean, they are rare, but definitely not impossible to find at fair prices if you search around.

No. But, this is being sold by the guy who won't help anyone out unless you pay him a $50/hr, 5 hr minimum consulting fee to ask questions about how he restored his Puck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
CanStan wrote:

No. But, this is being sold by the guy who won't help anyone out unless you pay him a $50/hr, 5 hr minimum consulting fee to ask questions about how he restored his Puck.

For $50/hr he should be restoring your Puck, not just telling you how to do it yourself. I think all the info you would need to build one is out there, and easily available for free already. But if he can make a business of it, good on him.
jingram
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Hey Puck people!
I know many of you have restored/upgraded your Pucks and installed modern electric camper refrigerator's. I'm trying to do the opposite and remove the trucker fridge in my (new to me) 1971 Pan and put the original style ice box/upright cooler into mine for a more original look.
If you have one of those original versions in decent to good condition and you're thinking about parting with it, please pm me. Maybe we can strike a deal.
Thanks for you consideration.
Joe.
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

jingram wrote:
Hey Puck people!
I know many of you have restored/upgraded your Pucks and installed modern electric camper refrigerator's. I'm trying to do the opposite and remove the trucker fridge in my (new to me) 1971 Pan and put the original style ice box/upright cooler into mine for a more original look.
If you have one of those original versions in decent to good condition and you're thinking about parting with it, please pm me. Maybe we can strike a deal.
Thanks for you consideration.
Joe.

PM sent.
cmugler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Eriba Puck questions Reply with quote

I just purchased this 1967 a few days ago and have 3 questions

1. Has the original suspension, it did seem to bounce around a bit when towing, it only compresses 3/4" when setting it down from jacking up which seems acceptable. Seems to me it could use some sort of shock absorber if that is possible or should I just not worry about it.
2. the headliner has some stains on it but otherwise good shape, don't want to replace it, has anyone tried using a vinyl paint product to repaint or any other recommendations
3. original floor also has stains, any product good for removing them or could I simply use a floor paint and do some sort of faux finish.
Everything seems original about this puck except the repaint
Thanks
cmugler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Puck Reply with quote

I have the original ice box from my 1967 eriba puck for sale $125. as seen in the photo if anyone is interested
55vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Our 67 Doka & 69 Eriba Puck
nynone4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

55vert wrote:
[img]https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/2326197.jpg[/img

Our 67 Doka & 69 Eriba Puck

Very Nice!
cmugler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks lug wrench size Reply with quote

anyone know what size lug wrench is needed to remove the lug bolts on a 67 eriba puck? Thanks
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

My Eriba's have both been 17mm. But there's no guarantee mine or yours are original. You'll have to measure, or better yet, grab a handful of sockets and see what fits.
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

55vert wrote:

That Puck / Doka combination looks amazing! We regularly pull our Puck with a ‘74 Thing, but I’m just finishing up a ‘65 Deluxe Bus so next summer I will be pulling a trailer with that.

cmugler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Puck lug nut torgue Reply with quote

Any idea what the lug nuts should be torgued to on a 67 Puck?
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Puck lug nut torgue Reply with quote

cmugler wrote:
Any idea what the lug nuts should be torgued to on a 67 Puck?

I've never seen an exact number anywhere. Personally, at 80-90 ft/lbs, I've never had an issue with them coming loose if that's helpful? There's probably a chart out there that takes into account the bolt size, thread pitch, rim material, etc and could give an exact number if you're concerned.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Page 95 of 96

Jump to: