Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Another California rant... Liquid Wrench
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

I couldn't find my old metal can of Liquid Wrench. I don't want the damn sprays, they get everywhere. So I look online. Order it on Amazon; plastic dispense but small 4 oz like before.
Days go by and then the order in cancelled. No reason given.
I look at other sellers and they refuse to ship to California.

Really?

Yes, really.

Moving looks better every day...
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

I tossed out all cans of PB Blaster/L wench ,Garbage Rolling Eyes
try 50/50 mix of AutoTransFluid & Acetone works way better then any 'store bought' Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

Easy fix here. You can get the best deal on these spray bottles at automotive detail supply stores found in most medium to large cities. They should sell for about a buck or less ea. mix up whatever and spray away. I used to buy WD 40 in gallon jugs and it came with a spray bottle but that was 20 30 years ago ancient history.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is just one of 4 places in town used by professional detailers but they do sell to walk ins and smaller orders. https://shopatpcs.com/tulsa-location/
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

It’s not just California. I can’t buy aircraft stripper with MEK anymore. This new formula won’t even touch automotive paint. Might have to take a road trip to New Mexico to Wyoming to get the good stuff.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Easy fix here. You can get the best deal on these spray bottles at automotive detail supply stores found in most medium to large cities. They should sell for about a buck or less ea. mix up whatever and spray away. I used to buy WD 40 in gallon jugs and it came with a spray bottle but that was 20 30 years ago ancient history.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is just one of 4 places in town used by professional detailers but they do sell to walk ins and smaller orders. https://shopatpcs.com/tulsa-location/

Don’t put acetone in those…
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
I tossed out all cans of PB Blaster/L wench ,Garbage Rolling Eyes
try 50/50 mix of AutoTransFluid & Acetone works way better then any 'store bought' Laughing

I've heard that, and that may be my "fix."

I'm just mad that we keep banning "the good stuff" as if it makes ANY difference! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

Bulli Klinik wrote:
It’s not just California. I can’t buy aircraft stripper with MEK anymore.

MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) is nasty stuff. Just like perchlorethylene. Best to avoid it anyway.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
Bulli Klinik wrote:

MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) is nasty stuff. Just like perchlorethylene. Best to avoid it anyway.

No...actually it is NOT like perchloroethylene. Yes MEK is bad stuff but nowhere near as bad as "perc" because your body metabolizes them differently.

That being said, there are things that MEK is used/required for that it's substitute....MIBK....will not touch. Its a major problem across numerous industries I service.

I have recently tried the 50/50 acetone atf....and I must say I am impressed. But....it stratified in the bottle and eventually you lose the acetone component. This is because acetone is not fully missile with ATF.

But it does mix well into diesel. Wondering if the addition of say 1-2 parts diesel....in itself not a bad penetrating oil.....into the acetone/atf soup would work to stabilize it.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:
Bulli Klinik wrote:

This is because acetone is not fully missile with ATF.

Ray

OK, what the hell does this line mean?
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
raygreenwood wrote:
Jon Schmid wrote:
Bulli Klinik wrote:

This is because acetone is not fully missile with ATF.

Ray

OK, what the hell does this line mean?

Just a typo, he meant miscible.
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

ATF and Acetone dont like to mix together, but they work good for its purposes
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

Bulli Klinik wrote:
It’s not just California. I can’t buy aircraft stripper with MEK anymore. This new formula won’t even touch automotive paint. Might have to take a road trip to New Mexico to Wyoming to get the good stuff.

i've been bitching about this for a while...

so now i have to use 50x more product OR fire up the sand blaster.

it's bullshit. CA, the EPA and other alphabet agencies need to be fucking gutted.

sorry, cucumber and eggplant brake cleaner doesn't work as good as the old shit did.

so sick of being neutered by these assholes.

I work on Volvo's and Subarus... we all know the political demographic that drives those shitboxes. Every time one of them complains about labor times etc I explain that rubbing a fucking orange on anerobic sealant trying to clean mating surfaces doesn't work as good as Wurth gasket stripper, so they get to pay for the 2 hours when the Wurth shit would blister and bubble the stuff off in about 3 mins.

it's out of control

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

Aren't fucking oranges known to cause cancer in California?
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Bulli Klinik wrote:

i've been bitching about this for a while...

so now i have to use 50x more product OR fire up the sand blaster.

it's bullshit. CA, the EPA and other alphabet agencies need to be fucking gutted.

sorry, cucumber and eggplant brake cleaner doesn't work as good as the old shit did.

so sick of being neutered by these assholes.

I work on Volvo's and Subarus... we all know the political demographic that drives those shitboxes. Every time one of them complains about labor times etc I explain that rubbing a fucking orange on anerobic sealant trying to clean mating surfaces doesn't work as good as Wurth gasket stripper, so they get to pay for the 2 hours when the Wurth shit would blister and bubble the stuff off in about 3 mins.

it's out of control

Aren't we getting too political now?
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

EVERYTHING causes cancer here, water, looking out the window, EVERYTHING.
it's OK though, because that big yellow thing in the sky, shines almost every day.

calvinater wrote:

619 201 0310
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

have you tried aerokroil.
best stuff l have found, it's not cheap, but it good stuff.
l've been able to get it shipped to san diego.

KTPhil wrote:
I couldn't find my old metal can of Liquid Wrench. I don't want the damn sprays, they get everywhere. So I look online. Order it on Amazon; plastic dispense but small 4 oz like before.
Days go by and then the order in cancelled. No reason given.
I look at other sellers and they refuse to ship to California.

Really?

Yes, really.

Moving looks better every day...

619 201 0310
rosevillain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

We're remodeling, and need to paint. I just bought phosphate free TSP in California.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

rosevillain wrote:
We're remodeling, and need to paint. I just bought phosphate free TSP in California.

I emptied a bar washing everything with trisodium arsenate, I figured just drop down the periodic table, what could go wrong?
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:

You fuck one orange and it’s practically a death sentence.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Another California rant... Liquid Wrench Reply with quote

In order to save the planet, I’m going to take a 200 mile road trip in my Volvo to get good paint stripper. I’ll be sure to savor the irony the entire journey.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: