Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:27 pm    Post subject: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I’m very glad to announce our next Meetup at Marymoor Park, all VW buses are welcome!

Why/What ?
Brave the elements and come out to Marymoor Park for a Westy Show and Tell Meetup. The idea for this meetup is to tell the group a little about your van and perhaps some of the best mods or projects that you have made. Consider bringing some comfort food (chiili, soup, etc) to help you stay warm while we meet. The meeting is right before Halloween, so everybody should have a chance to talk about Westy projects and adventures without getting frozen.

When
Sunday Oct 30, 2022
11:00 AM

6046 W. Lake Sammamish Pkwy. N.E.
Redmond, WA 98052

How to find us
"Look for the Westies"

I've talked to the Marymoor Park people and we’ve been directed to meet on Lot I, by the velodrome. There’s a very nice flat paved area by it, so bring your roller-blades, skates and bicycles! See map link below for general location information, we met at this lot several years ago.

https://your.kingcounty.gov/gis/web/VMC/recreation/marymoor_park_map_web_16.pdf

Also, in case you don't know, parking costs $1 in the park. Please, please, please, don’t forget to pay parking, I almost got into trouble one year because some people refused to pay parking.

Background
This is the eleventh(!) time we’re having this event (cannot believe we had a run this long, still having lots of fun!). We’ve had as low as 30 vans (2013) and more than 60 vans in 2014 (with 50 on 2015).

2021 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=759912
2019 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726175
2018 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=708413
2017 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=688253
2016 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=665231
2015 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=639387
2014 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=608985
2013 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=575369
2012 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=532137
2011 meetup with pictures: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=488275

Seattle Meetup at Marymoor (link)
A collection of Simple Useful Mods (SUM) (link)
Corwyn Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say I'm going to miss this one. My van is in California undergoing the full spa treatment. If it's finished before Christmas, I'll put it in storage down there pending the Annual Baja Rally. Have fun and take lots of pics!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604813&highlight=baja

"If anything's" gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there"
~ Captain Ron ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GoEverywhere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

This one was a lot of fun last time, I'll have to put this on the schedule for this year!
VeeDubn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

So happy to see this post today! We are planning to be there Popcorn
blobaugh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

How long are y'all going to be out there? I may not be able to get over till around 1pm
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

blobaugh wrote:
How long are y'all going to be out there? I may not be able to get over till around 1pm

There isn't a time limit, many times folks stay until 3:00 PM or later, and there's usually a constant flow of vans leaving and arriving throughout the meetup.

blobaugh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Cool! Considering the motor goes back into the Bus without issues this time, I will try to make it out there.
Corwyn Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

I may come up in my piickup truck because I have plenty of parts and accessories to sell or give away . . .

~ Captain Ron ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
do.dah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Corwyn wrote:
I may come up in my piickup truck because I have plenty of parts and accessories to sell or give away . . .

Yeah? Like what?
Corwyn Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

do.dah wrote:
Corwyn wrote:

Yeah? Like what?

I had a FAS 2.0 installed a few years ago so some engine peripherals, fluids, filters, floor mats, headlights and buckets, two stereos (JVC and Pioneer), some Vanagon camping gear, electrical parts and accessories, etc. Come see! Smile I'll have two big blankets of stuff . . .

~ Captain Ron ~
Franklinstower
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Corwyn wrote:

I was thinking, maybe someone should ping Christopher to see if he can show up with a Van load of T3 items for sale. Bushings, Ball Joints, etc...Its always nice to see the product in person, ask questions, avoid shipping delays, etc. If he is available, that is...

I have missed the last 3 events, but will make this one, showing off my newly painted Westy.
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Golden Syncro Sunset
Hope to come with the 'newish' 43k mile Syncro TinTop. With ~46k miles now.

Anyone want mouse blockers? Mouse Blockers! for Vanagon front air intake (3D printed ABS)
I'll see if Nico can get "version 16" done before Oct30.

And before I discard this stuff.....does anyone possibly want:
- OEM square headlights and buckets? Don't even hope the plastic parts are any good.
- 14" Vanagon wheels with junk tires?

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
HeinleinTrooper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

It's on my calendar, thank you.
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Bump, 2 weeks till the meetup!

It seems the good weather will be with us for at least a week, so I'm trying to finish some mods in the driveway while there's no rain (Syncro doesn't fit though the garage door). So far, in the last couple weeks I changed the front windows seals, installed the SHC fog lights and spent a week trying to figure out why my low beams had stopped working after doing that! Very Happy

Bleyseng
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Can’t mke it as I am out of town then, escaped the smoke to Europe…
87 Syncro Westy Titan Red 2.1L 2 knob 100k miles
Klister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Thanks. Last year I went and someone noted I was "vanless" at the time. Since then got my Syncro - see ya there! Gotta get that replacement panel for the slider door installed. Smile

Last edited by Klister on Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Corwyn Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Klister wrote:
Thanks. Last year I went and someone noted I was "vanless" at the time. Since they got my Syncro - see ya there! Gotta get that replacement panel for the slider door installed. Smile

I'm going "vanless" this year Sad

~ Captain Ron ~
pnwkayaker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Bump - 1 week to go!

The rain has finally arrived to the PNW, and the forecast for next week indicates more and more rain - it will be a truly Fall meetup and fortunately, with none of the smoke from the last days!

Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Dangit — I can’t make it this year.
I was hoping to ‘show’ the Gold 43k mile Syncro that our B’ham members drug outta the pasture a couple years ago.

I’m “stuck” out in the woods east of the mtns doing “forest fuels reduction”
for better “fire safety” next year. Trying to get a bunch done before the snow.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Seattle Meetup - Oct 30, 2022 (Marymoor Park) Show and Tell Reply with quote

Likewise for me, I'm in ID getting ready for winter (firewood, plow maintenance, etc.). I enjoyed this event a few years ago and recommend it to any Vanagon owners who are on the fence. Go and see some cool vans, meet some neat people. An afternoon well spent.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: