Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Who drove their bug today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plot61296
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Maybe the last days of summer here. Visiting Aviation Museum at Vantaa.
Maddel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

^^^ Cool
Matching colors! Smile
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Awesome day to take him to work!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

^ Muzzco, did you install different wheels than what you had earlier this year, or last year? These look like they have slightly more outward offset, such as the 4.5" Sport wheels from the '74 LoveBug with 34 mm offset. Or 5.5" Porsche 914 wheels?
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
^ Muzzco, did you install different wheels than what you had earlier this year, or last year? These look like they have slightly more outward offset, such as the 4.5" Sport wheels from the '74 LoveBug with 34 mm offset. Or 5.5" Porsche 914 wheels?
The 2 rear rims are the same, they were the proper ET34 offset. I had 2 ET41 super beetle offset on the front, but found an entire set of the 34s. Also repainted them the proper silver instead of the terrible powder coat silver that had been recommended but was way off. I also decided to get rid of the white walls. I didn't like the look on sport rims on a standard bug. I got first place in my class at the Terryville show this year!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Quote:
I got first place in my class at the Terryville show this year!

Congratulations!

The Beetle looks much better with its current wheel, wheel color, and tire setup.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

You know what rocks? You guys will appreciate this. Getting home at 9 pm after being away for 2 weeks, getting in the Super, tapping the gas pedal to engage the choke, then having the engine crank to life w/only so much as a click of the ignition. Then taking it on a 20+ mile cruise to get to the super market a mile from my house. And remembering that I now have a Herod Helper!! Ah, the simple pleasures.

Headlight ring reflected off the phone screen onto the driver side door...didn't see that when taking the picture!

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

1983 Selvas Green Mexican during Stuttgart sundown yesterday
alex857
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Drove my 1974 Sahara Beige Super
radstude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Good looking cars!
2002 VW Mexican Bug 1600i
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I received a call to go watch some guys build an engine today, that ended when we found they didn’t have the right size bearings. He lives about 20 miles away so I got up on the road and blew the cobwebs out for just a second.

Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove my 1971 Convertible with 1835cc engine to softball, only took it to 72 mph though.

No photos....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

the 70 autostick got out for the first time today, i drove it home yesterday after going the brakes and fuel systems, had been sitting in a garage since 2012, We went to the school parking lot down the street to watch a 4 fighter planes flyover before the football game.

irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I took the 70 Autostick to its first car show, it got more attention than the Hemi Cuda next to it.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I like those kind of shows, all makes and models. Great looking car btw
irvanm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I took the autostick to the grocery store this morning.
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

irvanm wrote:
I took the autostick to the grocery store this morning.

I really love your '70. It's my favorite year. I've owned 2 of them over the years, but never an autostick.

I especially like that the rear reflectors are still there. I can't drive a bug without them Smile

mg50 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Made a short trip to town in my 71 Super B.

Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

I drove my 1970 sedan almost 50 miles today, in to "town" (Prescott) to buy some paint at Home Depot. First I aired up the tires to specifications, and then I filled the gas tank on the way. On the way back I stopped to get a 5-gallon propane cylinder filled.

On the highway coming back, I was going about 65-68mph, and an older VW passed me; the driver was waving frantically, he was so impressed to see another VW on the road !!! Yes I waved back.

Anyway, my driver door is loose and rattles, so maybe someone wants to take a look at the thread I started for that https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9939889#9939889
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Jimbug57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Who drove their bug today? Reply with quote

Today is my 20 year anniversary on The Samba! still daily driving my 73 super and loving the samba community! Smile

Cheers to everyone - Jim
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Jump to:
Page 94 of 109

Jump to: