Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D.
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hi everyone,

I picked up this VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Model today. Made in Japan. I presume it to be a Passat?

From what little I've been able to find, it may be a Sakyno or Yone model.

Can any of you shed any further light on it, please?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Nic

iowegian wrote:
People who are allowed to have signature lines annoy me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

There's not a big following for water cooled tinplates, and I'd agree it looks like a Passat. Are there any markings or logos on the body or chassis? It looks like there's something under the rear license plate ...

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

Blue Baron wrote:
There's not a big following for water cooled tinplates, and I'd agree it looks like a Passat. Are there any markings or logos on the body or chassis? It looks like there's something under the rear license plate ...

Hi BB,

I didn't think that there would be. I think it's unusual and interesting though, given the prolific VW markings on it.

Under the rear license plate it reads 'Made in Japan'.

I cannot find a manufacturer's mark anywhere on it.

Kind regards,

Nic

iowegian wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

The fact that it says Made in Japan would at least date it to the 1970s.

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

Blue Baron wrote:
The fact that it says Made in Japan would at least date it to the 1970s.

Thanks BB.

iowegian wrote:
Jacco Verveer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

here is a windup that looks like a beetle

maybe the same company
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

That's nifty.

Similar, but there are enough differences there to make me think that it may be a different manufacturer.

iowegian wrote:
naimme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

Hi Merlin, are you interested in selling?
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

naimme wrote:
Hi Merlin, are you interested in selling?

Hi naimme,

Not at the moment, thanks. Smile

iowegian wrote:
Jo.R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

"Sanko" made beetles that look similar to that VW from the entry post. They also have the same wheels.
Look out for a makers sign "Y" in a circle.
Merlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

Jo.R wrote:
"Sanko" made beetles that look similar to that VW from the entry post. They also have the same wheels.

Thanks, Jo.R.

Much appreciated.

iowegian wrote:
naimme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

Merlin wrote:
Jo.R wrote:

Thanks, Jo.R.

Much appreciated.

Yes, they are Sanko made in japan, probably made between 1974 and 1977 (years when vw sold the Passat B1 in Japan)
I've seen this same passat in the police car version (I need to look for the photos).
But does the ambulance version exist? taxi?
Were they sold in plastic bags or individual paper boxes? or large boxes with several models to choose from?
how many questions Rolling Eyes Wink
naimme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Wagen Chief V. W. P. D. Reply with quote

naimme wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Jo.R wrote:

Thanks, Jo.R.

Much appreciated.

Yes, they are Sanko made in japan, probably made between 1974 and 1977 (years when vw sold the Passat B1 in Japan)
I've seen this same passat in the police car version (I need to look for the photos).
But does the ambulance version exist? taxi?
Were they sold in plastic bags or individual paper boxes? or large boxes with several models to choose from?
how many questions Rolling Eyes Wink

I found the photo, Police and Fire car,
from left to right: Police friction, Fireman with ceiling light, Policeman with ceiling light, Fireman wind-up
'79 Passat
'74 Brasilia
'07 Gol
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: