Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tuning dual Weber carbs
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:52 am    Post subject: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Looking for a quality video on how to tune just rebuilt Weber carbs on my 62 B Cab with big bore kit.
Thanks
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

There's a bunch of YouTube.

https://www.google.com/search?q=weber+idf+carb+tun...&dpr=1

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Glenn.
I’ve viewed some of those but will view the rest shortly.
Slip
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Well after viewing the above mentioned videos, I got the carbs pretty close. Ended up retarding the timing about two degrees and the car is almost perfect.
Likely some more fiddling will get it there. Sometimes still has erratic idle but I can live with that. Will recheck the linkage for slop.
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Did some more very minor adjustments and took car for a 10 mile drive. Believe I’m there, Yea!
golfguymn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Once their in sync, they are a glorious outcome. Got mine to give me close to 30 mpg
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Well, I’ll find out how well I’ve done this week as I just arrived at Riedlbauers Resort in the Catskills Mts of NY for week of road trips with 35+ other 356’s.
Daily trips are from 50 to 125 miles in the mountains.
Will report back. One guy already cancelled as he was driving his car from IN and it broke.
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Finally!!
Enriched each of the four idle screws 1/2 turn made a nice improvement in the idle.
Then 1/4 turn more and that’s it.
Took a 125 mile lunch ride yesterday, 60F temp, car idled at 950-1000 rpm all day in town driving, great smooth transition between idle & main jets.
Only took me two years fiddling
Can you tell I’m happy?
Slip
Bugged Again
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Slip356 wrote:
Finally!!
Enriched each of the four idle screws 1/2 turn made a nice improvement in the idle.
Then 1/4 turn more and that’s it.
Took a 125 mile lunch ride yesterday, 60F temp, car idled at 950-1000 rpm all day in town driving, great smooth transition between idle & main jets.
Only took me two years fiddling
Can you tell I’m happy?
Slip

Have you ever heard of Harry Pellow “The Porsche Maestro”. He produced some great videos and books when he was alive. He helped me with parts to cobble together a true basket case 912. His tuning video was simply perfect, for me anyway. My old basket case turned out to be a big bore screamer. Too much fun. It would make folks mad since I ran it in my bug. Sleeper.
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Many people have said, once Webers are set up properly, they are bulletproof.
As I had mine rebuilt two years ago and a new in line fuel filter I should be ‘golden’.
Slip
Bugged Again
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Slip356 wrote:
As I had mine rebuilt two years ago and a new in line fuel filter I should be ‘golden’.
Slip

I ran 44 Webers and couldn’t say enough how nice they were. Some folks said they had a flat spot off line if the revs weren’t just right. I didn’t have that once I set mine up. I bought the air flow meter tool. It made adjustments so easy. I’m sorry I sold that engine.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Slip356 wrote:
Slip

Please don't tell me that your "in line" fuel filter is in the engine compartment but instead that it is underneath the car...
Slip356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Tuning dual Weber carbs Reply with quote

Yes it’s under the car, glass with metal ends for easy viewing. Tucked well up so not likely to be hit with road debris.
Thanks for asking.
Slip
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: