Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Kafer KDF-Wagen motor 1941-1945
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
usariemen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kafer KDF-Wagen motor 1941-1945 Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
His is a new perspective on the history of VW and its cars, and maybe others can follow if we bite our lip and treat this with respect. Agree or not, it's a fresh look and I welcome the insights, even if I have to filter them somewhat.

If this "fresh look" steps up with rudeness, arrogance, lack of knowledge and ignorance of facts it is not needed. Thank you, but no.
blood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kafer KDF-Wagen motor 1941-1945 Reply with quote

I would like to add a question to this thread, the motor has been said to be a 1944 vintage. I guess that is because of the stamped serial number. But when I look at the case I notice it is one of the earlier ones that do not have perimeter bolts around the entire circumference of the outer case. The photos are a little fuzzy to me. What is the manufactures date code numbers located inside the generator stand or by the case half so near oil cooler? I may have this wrong but I thought the bolts were added in August of 1943. I have a 20xxxxx serial number case (kubelwagen) with out the perimeter bolts with a 29/07/43 date. Any comments?
David
CASEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kafer KDF-Wagen motor 1941-1945 Reply with quote

Reading this five years later because I came up on a 1944 magneto set up. It’s amazing to me how many Volkswagen people think because they read something in a book or magazine or anything from the piece of paper that they now know exactly what they’re talking about matter of fact from some thing 80 years old… anyone who rudely doubted this man is a complete idiot.

I am amazed how quickly all these trolls in the Volkswagen world attack. Hippies from the 60s, 40 year olds that got their big brothers bugs and kids that work in the current aftermarket China shops. None of these people know anything.

End of rant. And I thought I was a negative person.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kafer KDF-Wagen motor 1941-1945 Reply with quote

I honestly don't think it's worth commenting any more on this rather non-typical and quite bizarre thread.
however, I would like to point out that this is a forum of random people around the world who share a common interest. the huge size and range of 'the samba' results in an amazing resource of knowledge and experience. nobody could have obtained all of this on their own in one lifetime and so we share, via the written word and pictures, in an effort to understand and to learn more.

now...you say that you've come across a 1944 magneto set-up. I'm sure that you are welcome to start a new thread, ask your questions and share information.

so, let's accentuate the positive! and move forward together

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
splitjunkie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kafer KDF-Wagen motor 1941-1945 Reply with quote

Not that the number of posts equates to expertise, but when you consider the sheer number of posts of most of the contributors of this thread, all of who have provided considerable expertise to the hobby it's hard to get too upset from someone with 6 posts lobbing insults at us for providing our expertise to the OP who has 19 posts.

In this case the information provided by the group was excellent, even though it did require some cleanup on Everett's part (all of which happened over 5 years ago), and still is excellent.

The amount of collective expertise by the members of this thread alone, one of whom acquired and restored VW38 no 6, just to name one, is quite impressive.

You know, a lot of these scratches will buff right out... Jerry Seinfeld
CASEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: VW Kafer KDF-Wagen motor 1941-1945 Reply with quote

So you’re saying if I go make seven more posts or whatever the number is you’re looking for plus one… basically just by sheer numbers my knowledge is greater than that of somebody who doesn’t sit on a computer all day… You’re obviously a genius. Thanks for all your input. (i’m assuming you have many posts… But I don’t care enough to go look) kind of my point is that it was five years ago things have gotten worse. Even more idiots think they know everything now. And now since I actually own one of these magnetos basically that makes me probably one of I’m guessing 10 in the world on these… I guess I’m an expert on them now… Based on ownership… So hit me with all your questions guys… Well …. wait a couple years till I actually get a few more posts in… Half of the posts on this website are stuff people could easily find if they just pulled their head out of their rear end and did a little thinking rather than asking for help… “What size is the belt on a Volkswagen bug… What year did a bug go IRS… You can get that information from the 16 year old at AutoZone. but those are the guys this guy is saying is full of knowledge because they have lots of posts… Lol anyways it’ll probably take me years to find the last piece for that magneto and to find any kind of information on it but the only way it’s gonna happen is probably by me working my a$$ off rather than talking to a$$holes. Now let’s keep this post ALIVE!!!

Oh and if anybody actually has anything I’m looking for the cap piece for directly over the drive gears on this magneto set up (oil cap/cover)
allsidius
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Kafer KDF-Wagen motor 1941-1945 Reply with quote

usariemen wrote:
KTPhil wrote:
His is a new perspective on the history of VW and its cars, and maybe others can follow if we bite our lip and treat this with respect. Agree or not, it's a fresh look and I welcome the insights, even if I have to filter them somewhat.

If this "fresh look" steps up with rudeness, arrogance, lack of knowledge and ignorance of facts it is not needed. Thank you, but no.

I just read up on this silly thread and would advise all to let it die. The OP is just stirring up controversy without adding anything. Half unverifiable statements, half rudeness and Besserwissenschaft. Seen it before.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: