Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Wolfsburg Spare Parts Service Award 1966
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoffvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: VW Wolfsburg Spare Parts Service Award 1966 Reply with quote

Found something unusual recently, and haven't found any information on it.

A service award from Volkswagen in 1966:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

From google translate:

In recognition of your successes in the spare parts service

Volkswagenwerk Wolfsburg AG 1966

*Signature*

On the back:

Two Maker's marks, one is a crown. 835 and 'Made in Germany'

Has anyone seen one of these before? Found it in Connecticut. It's far from perfect, but good enough for display on the wall in my toy room.
RalphMH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW Wolfsburg Spare Parts Service Award 1966 Reply with quote

Just happened to come across this older post. These plates made of 835 sterling silver were given annually by Volkswagen as recognition of their achievements to deserving employees. To my knowledge, so from the mid-fifties, I would have to look up the exact date. There are annual reports about it in the VW Information magazines.

I now have 5 of these plates in my collection. Most of them were awarded for achievements in sales and customer service. In this respect yours is something special, on the one hand because it is dated relatively late with 1966. I did not know so far that the campaign was continued so long. On the other hand, because it was awarded for spare parts service. I knew this from VW Information, but have never seen one before. Also special is that no name of the honored is engraved on it. All previous plates I know always have the honoree's name on them. Just a pitty that the original box for this is no longer available.

These plates were made by the silver manufacturer Wilkens und Söhne in Bremen. The crown and crescent are the mark of German silver, 835 means a fine silver content of 835 / 1000.

Just have a look on this previous post too:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=681575&highlight=
hoffvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW Wolfsburg Spare Parts Service Award 1966 Reply with quote

@RalphMH, Many many thanks for sharing this information, and your remarkable collection. It is very educational.

I see your explanation of the makers marks, and that they indicate German sterling silver. Any idea why mine is gold?

Since purchasing this one, I have seen one more. Unfortunately I can't locate the pictures of it.

Thanks again.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: