Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Classic vw fall cruise
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mouse action
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:15 am    Post subject: Classic vw fall cruise Reply with quote

Any local folks going from the city to this ride ?
https://youtu.be/q4T2wv6mAQc
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic vw fall cruise Reply with quote

Although I'm not "from the city", I'll probably stop by the start location at the resto shop to look at the participating cars. But won't join the trip. My Pearl White Ghia Cabrio is in that video at 0.28, parked behind the late Vince V's Cherry Red '65 Ghia Cabrio.

Classic VW Bugs' foliage tour will be on Sat. Oct. 29 per the company website; it's not listed in theSamba's Coming Events.
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Classic vw fall cruise Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
My Pearl White Ghia Cabrio is in that video at 0.28, parked behind the late Vince V's Cherry Red '65 Ghia Cabrio.

Oh no. I'm very sorry to hear about Vince. My wife and I had a wonderful time talking to him about his Ghia at last year's cruise. He'll always be "leading the pack."
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic vw fall cruise Reply with quote

This morning I drove up to the shop to see the cruise group off. I was not feeling so well so that I did not join the cruise even in my modern car. Mouse action- good to meet you. Your blue '68 Ghia Cabrio is gorgeous! Hope you had good time and was able to weave through New York City traffic on your return to Brooklyn. Lost69- good to see you and Barb today in your Beetle! Hope either of you post some photos here of the cruise. Southern New York state foliage color was intense. For all of you reading this who were not able to attend, we had a lovely clear fall day. The group (~ 50 cars?) started off with temperatures in the high 30's F yet several, including Lost69, had their cars' tops down.
mouse action
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Classic vw fall cruise Reply with quote

Great to meet the infamous ROME. It was a nice cruise,great vw folks all around.
Weather was nice but it was very “Buggy “ 😉

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mr Rome when you feel better and the urge to work on you car ,hit me up I’d love to spend some time wrenchin on another Ghia.
Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic vw fall cruise Reply with quote

Beautiful weekend. It was good to catch up with Rome at the last moment as all the Bugs were revving up. Our rule for top up vs down is 50 degrees. So we certainly broke that rule at the start of the cruise (high 30s?) and paid the price. We froze! Here's a few photos from the foliage cruise.

The cruise had 68 cars - I overheard this from someone who walked the lot and counted.

Vince's Ghia was on display.

There were some great Baja Bugs.

Off on the cruise.

Crossing the Bear Mtn bridge.

A replica Porsche Spyder.

Climbing Bear Mtn.

View from Bear Mtn.

Lost69Convertible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic vw fall cruise Reply with quote

Here's a lighthearted video my wife put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wBAi4xHl_s
mouse action
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Classic vw fall cruise Reply with quote

Any takers this year ?
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic vw fall cruise Reply with quote

2 days away, but unfortunately rain showers forecast for all morning... let's see what Chris' site advises by Fri. evening. I'd only go to see the group before departure, because neither of my VWs are running... https://www.classicvwbugs.com/2023/08/21/classic-v...ed-cruise/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: