Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Today in Porsche 356 hunting history...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

dang! Nice score Tony
bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Very nice! I don't suppose it'll take long to find itself a new home!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

bally wrote:
Very nice! I don't suppose it'll take long to find itself a new home!

Well she’s off to the west coast for a brand new life!

1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Took the plunge and brought this beauty home. Had to sell the ’50 Split and the ’54 Cab to help finance it but I have been wanting one of these my whole life. Long-time owner of 54 years, loads of documentation, original interior, numbers matching engine and transmission as well as all sheet metal. I find myself just going down to the garage, sitting in it and smiling…..

Doch leider musst du von uns gehn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Just beautiful. Congratulations and well done. It’s really only understood by those that have one. “It puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel” I hear it all the time. Wink Cool Enjoy!!!
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Thanks Jack! A good friend threw the keys to his SC to me on a tour a few years back and I have been saving for this ever since. Driving a 356 is an exhilarating experience!
Doch leider musst du von uns gehn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
roy mawbey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

I have owned my 356A for over 50 years now. That car of yours has really been looked after so well. As Jack says and you have said, they make you smile every time you sit in one.

I think the previous owner will have always thought hope it goes to someone who appreciates the car.Its clear you do !
Happy 356 driving!

Roy
Garry Wolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Hey out there...I am looking for an engine, case, or third piece for my Speedster, number 68428.

I have been looking for a long time and I hope someone can help me find this engine.

Could be in Indiana, Terre Haute area, or New Mexico or Southern California.

You can contact me @ [email protected], or call me at 505.856.1858 or 505.263.3625

Thank you very much! Garry Wolf
ElStiemo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Hello everyone - I am a new forum member from Windhoek, Namibia. Just wanted to show that the 356 is to be found in really unexpected places too... This is not my car, but belongs to a fellow club member of the Namibia Old Wheelers Club. He participated at a club event not too long ago with this.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Very cool. I see that Nambia is a Right-Hand Drive (RHD) country. Do you think the 356 was converted to RHD or is it an original?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ElStiemo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Hi Everett, no that, as far as I know, is original..
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Here is my 1956 Porsche I picked up in early 2020 before the Rona, was lucky enough to find a 1956 motor for it recently as well.

For a car of it's age it has minimal rust, been hit in the rear quarter panel and pounded out, someone cut out the beehive lights with a can opener, but it is what it is...will probably start working on it more mid next year after I wrap my current project.

To save hassle it is not for sale so don't PM me with nonsense.

bally
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Nice 😎
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
atypical_driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Here's the 356 I rescued after it sat for 23 years. Sadly, it only came to me due to the loss of a friend, but that's makes it even more special to me and gives me a chance to remember him everytime I drive it.

Link
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
steven wardlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

Wow what a true classic. Glad to see you are let speak for the life of love this old car has had all through the years. Congrats.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Today in Porsche 356 hunting history... Reply with quote

1962? 356 B engine I picked up today, helping a friend w/ a clean out, I'm not going to put in my VW Laughing so it's going up for sale. A few more pics in my Gallery.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: