Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1989 Rail Buggy --Have you seen it ? Tennessee
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2381Buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject: 1989 Rail Buggy --Have you seen it ? Tennessee Reply with quote

I was 26 in 1989 and prev had 2 buggies that weren't so reliable. I decided to build one and make it right. I bought a rusted out 73 Beetle for $300 from an ex vw mechanic in Stone Mtn. Ga. He had several cars sitting behind his house and I stopped one day and asked if he'd sell one. He said yes and told me that after I got it home, that if I took the engine back to him he would freshen it up and rebuild it for $300. I had it towed and the project began. I bought a frame from Lithia Auto on the west side of Atlanta, borrowed the family dump truck and brought it home to Loganville, Ga. Built it from there. It was a lot of fun piecing it together. It ran great and I made it street legal. I quit driving it about 3 years later and stupidly sold it to a friend of a family member after he saw it sitting under a pole barn gathering dust. I think it needed a generator at the time. I ran into him about 3 years ago and he said that he and his family loved it but sold it about 10 or so years ago and he thought it was now in Maryville, Tn on the 3rd or 4th owner

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

. He thinks the wheels might have been changed and that it was no longer orange. Wish I could find this and get it back, just for the nostalgic part. Now at age 59, I have another one that is good, but still miss the one I built. Has anyone ever seen this around Maryville?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: