Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Classic Cars Restoration Business In Canada (Do you recommend)
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mehran_mo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Classic Cars Restoration Business In Canada (Do you recommend) Reply with quote

Hi there everyone,

I used to restore and rebuild cars (Volkswagen, Mercedes,...) and I am willing to move to Canada by the next year.

I wanted to know that could classic cars restoration in Canada be a good job or career? Is the demand for these cars enough to compete in market and have customers.

My strategy is to buying cars, restore it over the time and then sell it by profit.

I appreciate any kind of advice and experience share in this regard.

Thank you all!
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic Cars Restoration Business In Canada (Do you recommend) Reply with quote

If you have the time and budget to acquire, fund, and log all the time and work you put into them, then you'll realize your probably going to loose or at best break even.

It's far more lucrative if you have a buyer with a dream car in mind and you do the work to how they would like it.
Easier to charge that way as well.

Flipping cars is a different story though. Thats a simple as buying low and selling high.
Sometimes all you have to do is hold them a little while for the right buyer to come along.
mehran_mo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Classic Cars Restoration Business In Canada (Do you recommend) Reply with quote

Flipping is pretty easy for me to do. I will do even as hobby, because I really enjoy it.

Restoring is different story, taking time, energy and drain my pocket. I want to be sure that if I restore a classic car, there is enough demand to sell it.

It's about a few month i regularly search kijiji website in classic cars category. There a plenty of old and classic cars on ads. Some with really low price and some with unreasonable. That's why I got a bit confused about the market.

If there is no demand and classic fans are minor, why some of those cars are on high unreasonable price? If the demand is there, why there is no classics in good condition on ads. All classic ads are forgotten dead cars left somewhere in open air areas.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Classic Cars Restoration Business In Canada (Do you recommend) Reply with quote

It is this simple. If you have customers lined up for two years, you can make money in restorations. If you think you can buy , restore, then find customers to sell them to, you won’t make money.

The number of people who will pay shop rates for a restoration is very thin.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Classic Cars Restoration Business In Canada (Do you recommend) Reply with quote

The only guys that make money buying, restoring and reselling vintage cars are the Bondo butchers. A proper restoration is far too labor intensive to ever make money at. I am a body man by trade and have restored a few cars in the past too but if I wanted one now I would buy one that someone has put their heart, soul and life's saving into already. It would be far cheaper than doing one myself even though I have the skills.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: