Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone knowledgeable about Eurovan rotary A/C Compressor clutch
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone knowledgeable about Eurovan rotary A/C Compressor clutch Reply with quote

TheOneTrueQuux wrote:
bcolins wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Update: I got the clutch hub off today.

How do I make sure that a clutch hub that I purchase off of eBay or elsewhere is going to work?

No comment on ordering the right replacement part, but do watch out for any shims that might have been under the hub on the compressor shaft, also make sure the compressor isn't seized. There's a spec for how big of an air gap there should be, too small and it'll drag, too large and it won't apply correctly.

I did retrieve the shim/washer off the compressor shaft (I had a friend assist with a pnuematic ratchet, and he knew to check for and remove the shim)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
subdewd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone knowledgeable about Eurovan rotary A/C Compressor clutch Reply with quote

95 has tapered shaft. That's splined should be ok
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone knowledgeable about Eurovan rotary A/C Compressor clutch Reply with quote

PostPosted: Today 7:13 am Post subject: AC compressor clutch hub replacement Reply with quote
A month or so ago I posted pictures of my air conditioning compressor clutch that had partially disintegrated. I found that AutoZone had air conditioning compressor clutch holding and removal/replacement tool kits in their loaner tools (free to use for 90 days with a refundable security deposit) and then found a correct looking splined shaft 105 mm clutch hub on eBay for $32.95 plus tax with shipping included. Before purchasing the clutch hub from the vendor we had a few email exchanges and he assured me if the clutch hub did not look right or fit that I could return it to him for a refund. Using the clutch hub holding tool from AutoZone was tricky since my hub had partially grenaded, But I was eventually able to get a grip on it to hold it and a socket wrench on the center nut however I was not able to break the nut free. So, I drove the van to a local shop and with a pneumatic ratchet wrench was able to spin the nut off in seconds without even using the clutch holding tool And then remove the damaged clutch hub using two screwdrivers to lever it off the spline shaft. The replacement just slipped onto the splines I tightened the nut down and all was good. Be aware there is a shim under the clutch hub and that needs to be retained and technically there is an air gap dimension that needs to be maintained as well. Air conditioning is now functioning as before my total cost was about $55 which included the $20 I paid the guy to spin the nut off the clutch hub and then lever the clutch hub itself

off the compressor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone knowledgeable about Eurovan rotary A/C Compressor clutch Reply with quote

Nice job
great persistance
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone knowledgeable about Eurovan rotary A/C Compressor clutch Reply with quote

Final pic with hub installed
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: