Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

Too many cooks, this topic is a mess.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

Yeah.
That said, no need to go fancy to get a nice engine.. just ditch the stupid W110, get a proper cam and do the heads well. (Or send them to Tims, Brothers or Brian_e to get them detailed.)
1914, Web 163, detailed 041 (GO3 heads) 9-1, 1,22 rockers, Chinese 40 IDF´s, Magnaspark ignition w. Pertroniz E core coil, 1½" A1 sidewinder.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Or 1776/1835. Detailed stock heads, 9,1-1, Web 218/119 cam, Modified 36 Dellorto´s, recurved Bosch SVDA, VS Sport muffler.

Or this 1955. CB 2242 Cam, detailed 041 heads, 9,3-1, Spanish 40 IDF with slightly reworked Update kit for better overall fuel distribution, 123 Bluetooth distributor, copy 1 5/8" Sidewinder with a homebrewed muffler.

Last edited by Alstrup on Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Knockerblocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

Yes I know there are alot of unanswered questions about this engine, those will come in time and only after I pull it out of there, get it split open and get my end play, thrust cut and line bore checked but today I've been working on a brisket and we are almost there. Turkey,ham and brisket....it just screens Texas Thanksgiving. I would like to Wish all of you a happy thanksgiving.God bless.
Knockerblocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

Yes I know there are alot of unanswered questions about this engine, those will come in time and only after I pull it out of there, get it split open and get my end play, thrust cut and line bore checked but today I've been working on a brisket and we are almost there. Turkey,ham and brisket....it just screens Texas Thanksgiving. I would like to Wish all of you a happy thanksgiving.God bless.
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:

You act like this is something different than any other thread… and it ain’t a mess , its typical especially of a broad questioned engine build
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

BFB wrote:
Glenn wrote:

You act like this is something different than any other thread… and it ain’t a mess , its typical especially of a broad questioned engine build

The op should pick one person and take it private if they want to to make a single decision

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
BFB wrote:
Glenn wrote:

The op should pick one person and take it private if they want to to make a single decision

Why? Just because your irritated with the post having too many opinions? Thats stupid, this is a discussion board ppl discuss thing and offer many many varying opinions on lots of other build threads so why is this one be different? I’m sure i could find a dozen other “ what engine should i build” threads that are identical to this one, or a “ what cam should i use thread”, etc etc…
With that attitude I’m surprised you haven’t locked the thread already …
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

BFB wrote:
Glenn wrote:
BFB wrote:
Glenn wrote:

Why? Just because your irritated with the post having too many opinions? Thats stupid, this is a discussion board ppl discuss thing and offer many many varying opinions on lots of other build threads so why is this one be different? I’m sure i could find a dozen other “ what engine should i build” threads that are identical to this one, or a “ what cam should i use thread”, etc etc…

Too many cooks, who does the OP listen to?

An engine built by committee will be a mess.

BFB wrote:

Obviously you don't understand that a "moderator" and have and express their personal opinion. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I should lock a topic.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Shane Tuttle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

OK, here's a suggestion that will get the thread back on track and provide further help for Knockerblocker:

Let's hold off until the engine is broke down and inspected. See what parts are worth reusing. Revisit the budget and go from there...
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

Shane Tuttle wrote:
OK, here's a suggestion that will get the thread back on track and provide further help for Knockerblocker:

Let's hold off until the engine is broke down and inspected. See what parts are worth reusing. Revisit the budget and go from there...

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Knockerblocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

Most agreed on holding g off till we know what we got.
Knockerblocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

I like hearing from every one sure there is no clear plan right now but we are at the beginning, there is no definitive answers there are so many variables right now until we know what we have and come up with a plan all comers are welcome.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

The things you need to decide on are:
1) budget
2) goals

Then evaluate what you have and how can you achieve your goals with your budget. And if you can't then lower your goals or increase your budget.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Knockerblocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1835cc to 1915cc or 1965cc? Reply with quote

The plan now is to get that engine out of there. My jack is in the shop and it's been raining here in Castroville TX all week but my step son has a jack that might work so not to far in the future I feel this will happen. I need this to happen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: